Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MYGIG, Where am I?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MYGIG, Where am I?

Is there a way to reset the nav portion of the MYGIG or MYGIG in general? Recently I have selected the "where am I now" button, and althogh I know where I am, The navigation does not. It has me driving through rivers, RR tracks , unmarked roads. Hey wait a minute is it giving me shortest time travel? it is a Jeep right? LOL. But honestly at times it has no idea where I am. BTW the latest released firmware and not that it applies gracenotes is loaded. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Mine does this from time to time. Try turning off your jeep for a little bit then try it again. It SHOULD reset. If not I am not sure what to tell ya
Hope that helps
Old 09-04-2008, 09:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by movielabs
Is there a way to reset the nav portion of the MYGIG or MYGIG in general? Recently I have selected the "where am I now" button, and althogh I know where I am, The navigation does not. It has me driving through rivers, RR tracks , unmarked roads. Hey wait a minute is it giving me shortest time travel? it is a Jeep right? LOL. But honestly at times it has no idea where I am. BTW the latest released firmware and not that it applies gracenotes is loaded. Thanks in advance.
Check to see if your showing any Satellites when it is doing that. That is what mine was doing when my nav antenna was going bad, I also read a post someware the guy had his cell phone over the radio and it was doing the same thing.
Just some things try.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got tired of mine doing that so I purchased a new GPS antenna and no problems any more.

Cost = 35 bucks total.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by whpony96
I got tired of mine doing that so I purchased a new GPS antenna and no problems any more.

Cost = 35 bucks total.
If that was the case shouldn't that be covered under warranty?? Just wondering.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renegadelt1
Check to see if your showing any Satellites when it is doing that. That is what mine was doing when my nav antenna was going bad, I also read a post someware the guy had his cell phone over the radio and it was doing the same thing.
Just some things try.
Doh, your antenna went bad?
:(

Just the wire get crimped somehow?

To the OP, sounds like either your gps ant is on it's way out, or there is a loose connection behind your radio. Did you install a lockpick? If so, you may want to pull the radio and make sure all the plugs are snug, and not pulling on anything.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Default antenna

Originally Posted by hscrugby
Doh, your antenna went bad?
:(

Just the wire get crimped somehow?

To the OP, sounds like either your gps ant is on it's way out, or there is a loose connection behind your radio. Did you install a lockpick? If so, you may want to pull the radio and make sure all the plugs are snug, and not pulling on anything.
I checked the wire very closely and found no crimps was very careful when I installed it, Started going intermittent then dead, Dealer was very good about warranty replaced it with no questions asked. Yes Warranty!
Frank.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YES IT WOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED... But I didn't want to have to deal with the dealership. Honestly they are a PITA they want to do hours of research and then replace all kinds of other things that "they" think is wrong with it first. (I bet they would have tried reflashing the MYGIG and then replace the MYGIG first before going to the antenna)

So, I purchased it online for $40 total and it arrived at my door and I installed it in 20 min flat. Best part is I didn't have to bring it in during a week day when I work. (They seam to think no one else works M-F from 8-5 but them) No gas used, no hassle, fixed right the first time. Maybe I need to open my own shop...
Old 09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

YES IT WOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED... But I didn't want to have to deal with the dealership. Honestly they are a PITA they want to do hours of research and then replace all kinds of other things that "they" think is wrong with it first. (I bet they would have tried reflashing the MYGIG and then replace the MYGIG first before going to the antenna)

So, I purchased it online for $40 total and it arrived at my door and I installed it in 20 min flat. Best part is I didn't have to bring it in during a week day when I work. (They seam to think no one else works M-F from 8-5 but them) No gas used, no hassle, fixed right the first time. Maybe I need to open my own shop...
I can understand completely why you did it yourself. You forgot to mention mysterious scratches the dealer swears they didn't cause, and of course any missing personal items that nobody at the dealer could have possibly taken.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Your dead on! It took me months to get everything right:

2 antennas
software update (sent me backwards BTW)
finally the MyGIG itself (finally!)

and they wonder why we don't give them good survey results...

Quick Reply: MYGIG, Where am I?