Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

mygig w/nav 2010 jk --- want to add ipod adaptor and back-up camera both full functio

Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mygig w/nav 2010 jk --- want to add ipod adaptor and back-up camera both full functio

I have a new-to-me 2010 jk...

I have been reading through the threads and did a search, but most information is either old or does not completely answer all aspects of my question...

I have ascertained that i have a mygig 30gig nav unit in my jk Sahara.

I have also found the VF9003 MYGIG Lockpick Multimedia Cable For Adding A Rear View Camera Or Connecting AUX A/V In & Out which comes with 1 Plug & Play Smart Harness

my Question, or what i want to do:

1. is the wiring harness the same on all models, thus all wires are there for the back-up camera or do i need to run new wire?
2. I like the "Jeep Wrangler iPod interface cable for Uconnect GPS radio" because this gives full i-pod control to the mygig, will it work in conjunction with the Lockppick?
3. will need any software updates to run both these options?
4. anyone done both and have pics?

thx...p:-)
Old 02-01-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone???????

TTT
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

What model radio and three letter code on bottom right corner?

Quick Reply: mygig w/nav 2010 jk --- want to add ipod adaptor and back-up camera both full functio