Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig, Uconnect question - how to disconnect your phone?

Old 02-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
I will try that. Thank you. Though, it is strange, that phone would hold up the connection, I would think it is MyGig that is not properly shut down.
I know there have been some updates released which fixed phone specific issues on the MyGig. You should check to see if you have the latest updates for your MyGig.

The latest update info is posted here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-Phone-Fix!%29

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-23-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I know there have been some updates released which fixed phone specific issues on the MyGig. You should check to see if you have the latest updates for your MyGig.

The latest update info is posted here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-Phone-Fix!%29
Yes, did that already, still same issue.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Yes, I think we both have the same issue: if I'm on a call and turn the Jeep off, the radio stays on, and phone call still goes through the radio and not switching to my phone. Very strange, the jeep is completely off and keys outside of the ignition, yet, radio still stay connected to the phone.

What phone do you use to connect?
I use a blackberry. All my previous phones have done this... I didn't think it was an issue. On my phone, there is an option (when in a call) to switch to speaker or switch to handset... if I'm on the phone and parking, I just hit the "switch to handset". I can do this before or after I turn off the Jeep.

I figure its just a reminder that you're on the phone still...

Just don't hit the U-Connect button, as it will hang up the call... (did that a time or two)... which is why I found the "switch to handset" feature on the phone!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Yes, did that already, still same issue.
Yeah, try that "Transfer Call" voice command. I find that's a pretty useful command, because often I will get a call and someone else is in the car with me and I don't want to bother them with the conversation I'm having, so I'll use the "Transfer call" voice command so that it transfers my call to just the handset. You can even use that command to reconnect it back to the radio.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 2013 does the same thing with my iPhone 4S. I have even set the auxiliary power to turn off as soon as I shut the engine off, but if I have my phone hooked up it still stays on. Even after I transfer my call to my phone, the uconnect still stays on. Quite annoying. I have had other cars with bluetooth technology and never had this happen. Oh well, ill have to try the "transfer call".

Quick Reply: MyGig, Uconnect question - how to disconnect your phone?