Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig, Uconnect question - how to disconnect your phone?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig, Uconnect question - how to disconnect your phone?

Hopefully it is a quick question and I am just dumb and can't figure out how to do it. Basically, when I talk on the phone through Uconnect, I want to be able to switch back to the phone once I shut down the unit and/or engine. I was actually amazed when I shut down engine, pulled key from ignition, even locked door from the outside and yet the phone was still connected to the car and I could not do anything to transfer conversation back to the phone.
Well, of course technically I can just force bluetooth to shut down on the phone and that should do the trick, but I hoped there is easier than that solution available on the NavUnit.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nobody got the same issue? Is it issue at all or is this how MyGig Uconnect should actually work?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

i dont have this problem

jeep off = phone activated
Old 02-22-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by erol1991
i dont have this problem

Yep, that is exactly the kind of behaviour that I would expect from the unit, I guess there is something wrong with my unit :-(.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

My iPhone 3Gs functions normally.

If I'm on the phone, after I start the Jeep and the MyGig loads my call transfers to the Jeep. When I shut it off and open the door the call transfers back to my phone.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone running Android OS on their phone and don't have the same problem as I do?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by erol1991
i dont have this problem

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
Yep, that is exactly the kind of behaviour that I would expect from the unit, I guess there is something wrong with my unit :-(.
Mine does this... unless I'm on a call. If I'm on a call and turn the Jeep off, the radio stays on, so it doesn't disconnect the call.

Is this the same situation you are seeing? or are you not on a call, turn jeep off, and the phone still thinks its connected?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo
Mine does this... unless I'm on a call. If I'm on a call and turn the Jeep off, the radio stays on, so it doesn't disconnect the call.

Is this the same situation you are seeing? or are you not on a call, turn jeep off, and the phone still thinks its connected?
Yes, I think we both have the same issue: if I'm on a call and turn the Jeep off, the radio stays on, and phone call still goes through the radio and not switching to my phone. Very strange, the jeep is completely off and keys outside of the ignition, yet, radio still stay connected to the phone.

What phone do you use to connect?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

My iPhone works exactly how you described it should. Must be your phone.

Here's what you should be able to do as an easy work around.

Press the Voice Recognition button and say "Transfer Call". This voice command will cause the call to disconnect from the radio and transfer to your phone. After you do that, then turn off your Jeep.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
My iPhone works exactly how you described it should. Must be your phone.

Here's what you should be able to do as an easy work around.

Press the Voice Recognition button and say "Transfer Call". This voice command will cause the call to disconnect from the radio and transfer to your phone. After you do that, then turn off your Jeep.
I will try that. Thank you. Though, it is strange, that phone would hold up the connection, I would think it is MyGig that is not properly shut down.

Quick Reply: MyGig, Uconnect question - how to disconnect your phone?