Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig Serious Errors

Old 11-11-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig Serious Errors

These are posts I have had on the Nitro pages and I am looking for help any where I can find it.

#1 Oh Boy I need help. I downloaded the update 9.56-- and burned the cdr. MyGig recognized the disk and asked if I wanted to update (which I did) and now I get serious error 2020 & serious error 2202. I cannot get the disk to eject or the screen to even open. I have tried pulling the fuse to no avail. The MyGig will re-boot in update mode but will not go past the serious errors. How do I get the disk out? I am burning a new disk and need to get the old one out. I am quite computer savvy and am sure the disk was done properly. Please help! My MyGig is currently a high priced night light

#2 Display will not open. I have tried to do the manual disk removal method but nothing happens. It just resets and tries to install update again and again each time stopping at error 2020 followed by a re-boot and error 2202 and re-boots again. I am at a loss.

#3 I have pulled the fuse and it restarts itself when I put the fuse back in, but with the same errors each time. I have done this more times than I can count and no success. I neglected to finalize the cd that is currently in the disk drive. I think if there is some way to get the disk out and put in a new cd that is finalized it may make a difference. The update process locks out the buttons, though. I have tried the manual cd removal but the front screen will not open. Where would I go to find a technical manual on MyGig? The owners manual is no help whatsoever.

#4 I have gently tried to push & pull the screen slide but it seems to be locked up tight. I am going to see what the dealer tells me tomorrow and then I will be back here tomorrow. I found someone else who had the same problem on Apple computer's forum about a week ago, but they have not posted any fix for the problem. I definitely will post my findings

Thank you greatly in advance
Old 11-11-2007, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

the only thing i can think of is removing the (negative first) battery cables and holding them together off the battery for 25-40 seconds then reattaching them Some electronics have storage capacitors and such that retain residue voltages preventing them from fully restarting. Hope that helps!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

The negative battery cable thing is your best bet. Am I reading your post right, that #1-4 is actually all related to the same thing? Were there other serious problems you were having with the unit before you did the update?
Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default Serious MyGig Errors

1-4 all apply to the same problem. I didn't have any problems before, everything worked great. I haven't tried the negative battery, but that makes sense. Thank you for the ideas. I will let you know if they work.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

I think i misworded that a little bit. Leave the positive terminal on the battery, and remove the negative terminal touching it to the positive. I know there are several cables on each side so make sure none of them are left on the negative battery post. Might get a helluva shock literally!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by James76
I think i misworded that a little bit. Leave the positive terminal on the battery, and remove the negative terminal touching it to the positive. I know there are several cables on each side so make sure none of them are left on the negative battery post. Might get a helluva shock literally!

SAY WHAT???? DO NOT DO THIS... JFC!!!

Mike
Old 11-13-2007, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

More than likely, it has a rom chip, like flashing a computer's bios ....no power needed to maintain settings. I wonder if MyGig has an emergency release for the cd tray, like a computer's cd player/burner.

I wouldn't touch the pos & neg cables together even if they were both unhooked! The JK computer seems buggy enough, don't press your luck.

Last edited by dmerc; 11-13-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Didn't do the neg-pos trick. My experience with touching neg & pos together is that something will get very hot fast. Likely to burn a solder or a wire apart with that idea. I have contacted Harmon-Becker & they are worling on it for me. The dealership had no good answer other than replacing the whole unit.
I will keep you all posted with the results.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

if the battery cable is unhooked meaning the electric current has no path back to its source nothing will happen but a small minuscule drain of any capacitors attached. Certainly dont do this with the engine running or anything, or even with the key in the ignition.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by James76
if the battery cable is unhooked meaning the electric current has no path back to its source nothing will happen but a small minuscule drain of any capacitors attached. Certainly dont do this with the engine running or anything, or even with the key in the ignition.
James, I knew what you meant, but I'm guessing suddenly discharging capacitors could conceivably cause probs with the computer. Prob'ly not, but why take a chance....

Quick Reply: MyGig Serious Errors