Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGIG REN (not RER)+iPod

Old 12-27-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MyGIG REN (not RER)+iPod

Hi Guys,

I poked around on here for a while and couldn't seem to find the answer to my question.

I currently have the 2009 MyGIG REN (not RER - it's the Non-NAV version) installed and working well in my 2007 JK X. I have read that it is capable of using an iPod integration module for a direct connect, and that you can browse the iPod through the onscreen interface.

It seems that this requires the U-Connect module ... is this correct? I don't really care about U-Connect as I have a great bluetooth headset that I use in the Jeep. My primary concern is just integrating the iPod so I can just leave it plugged in inside the glove box and not have to plug and unplug the aux cable all the time.

If anyone has some info on this please let me know. I've found several different part numbers. Chrysler doesn't make it easy to add stuff like this on after the fact -- you'd think they would, simply because so many people have iPods and iPhones that they use in their vehicles.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: MyGIG REN (not RER)+iPod