Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

mygig rbz info?

Old 01-29-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mygig rbz info?

so i am looking to upgrade my stereo and like the price of the mygig rbz but looking at all the info out there i cant find if i can just add a mic and ipod cable or if i have to get the 250.00 dollar u-connect module also i cant find out what the difference between the ren and rbz other then the rbz is the new ren i would think that if your going to come out with a new version and change the name some improvements would be made thank for any info
Old 01-29-2011, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, RBZ needs a uconnect module for bluetooth.

One advantage of the Sirius version of RBZ over REN is that there is a new software version that supports instant replay buffer and favourite artist / teams.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default My RBZ says uconnect on startup?

I just bought a RBZ on eBay pulled from a town and country minivan and the first screen is filled with the message uconnect when I start my jeep. Why would it say this if it did not have uconnect???? And how do you enter engineering node on the RBZ?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For now anything and everything that deals with the RBZ units will need to be done at the dealerships.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philg4d
I just bought a RBZ on eBay pulled from a town and country minivan and the first screen is filled with the message uconnect when I start my jeep. Why would it say this if it did not have uconnect???? And how do you enter engineering node on the RBZ?
The RBZ units do NOT have the Bluetooth module built into them like the RER's did. You are required to purchase the external Uconnect unit to obtain the hands free option.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
For now anything and everything that deals with the RBZ units will need to be done at the dealerships.
Not quite true. The unofficial mygig site has a link to the software update 8.5.1:

RBZ Update v8.05.01

Quick Reply: mygig rbz info?