Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MYGIG is out & new system is in

Old 02-24-2008, 05:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MYGIG is out & new system is in

Parts list:
DNX7100
Ipod cable
XM/Nav adaptor GXM30
Bluetooth adaptor KCA-BT100
Alpine PKG m780 monitors in rear headrests with headphones
Rockford Fosgate 500 4 channel amp
Diamond Audio 5 1/4" door speakers
Diamond Audio tweeters
Kicker 8" sub
Stock rear speakers

Well, its all installed and it sounds and works awesome. I like it much better than the MYGIG.

Bluetooth mic. It works perfect.

Kenwwod deck. I dont like the space on the sides but it looks ok and works great.

Now the kid has something to watch. The front Kenwood streen is much clearer and has better color than the rear Alpine monitors. I probably should have gone with the Kenwood rear monitors, but they were a little more and didnt come with headphones. Plus, they had the Alpines in stock and gave me the better wireless headphones for no charge.

Last edited by kntr; 02-24-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Fancy schmancy!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks awesome..guess you're one of them fancy pants with money. All I see on the screens is dollar signs!

I think that mic placement won't do so good with the top off - I'd like to hear your thoughts after you've road tested it.

Where did you mount your amps and such? Lets see some install pics!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Looks awesome..guess you're one of them fancy pants with money. All I see on the screens is dollar signs!
I spent less on my system than I did on my bumpers. Its nice to know people. I had to sell my restored 73 bronco to be able to do all the mods to my Jeep. The bronco took 6 years of time and money to build. There is no way I could have done all the mods to my Jeep without selling it. So no Im not one of those fancy pants with money. I got $12,000 out of the bronco and that helped pay off some bills and pay for the mods on the Jeep. I also sold the MYGIG for $1000, too.

I am liking the new system a lot better than the MYGIG. Once I get a IPOD classic, Ill use it like the hard drive in the MYGIG. Ill be able to store music and movies on it. Im not really sure why I got the MYGIG in the first place. The aftermarket stuff does a lot more and is way more cooler.

No install pics. My life long buddy works at a stereo shop, so he did the install and I got everything at almost cost. Plus I had the speakers and amp already, which he gave to me as a wedding gift years ago.

All the small parts for blue tooth, nav, and such are located behind the glovebox and the amp is under the drivers seat.... pretty much hidden. I plan on getting Oakley seatcovers so the monitors will be hidden with the covers and can be taken off when the rear monitors are in use. The entire system cost about $2700 plus a few bucks for install. The sytem would have been a lot more if I didnt "have people".

The mic probably wont work very well with the top off but Ill give it a try. If it doesnt work Ill move it or my buddy said he would. He also wired up my Lightforce lights and installed a sweet switch under the ebrake lever.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you selling your MyGig? This guy is very interested in getting one:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/mygig-29928/
Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exclamation

Originally Posted by davidwm71
Are you selling your MyGig? This guy is very interested in getting one:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29928
I thought there was an issue with installing the mygig in another jeep. Isn't that one of the theft deterents about it? However, If you (or a dealer) can use the StarSCAN tool to enable it, I think you'll be ok. My hunch is that it is tied to you VIN or something like that.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Junkie

I already sold it to a memeber here and he is running it in his Jeep. It works great for him. He just plugged it in.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trip0d199
I thought there was an issue with installing the mygig in another jeep. Isn't that one of the theft deterents about it? However, If you (or a dealer) can use the StarSCAN tool to enable it, I think you'll be ok. My hunch is that it is tied to you VIN or something like that.
It is tied in to your VIN... it reads the VIN to see you have as JK and it disables some of the features. However as said in the above post the MyGig can be used in ohter vehicles... from what I hear the only thing is it has to have the same speed Can-Bus.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

A couple people asked for closer pics of the Alpine monitors. They fit better than if they were factory. If I would have them done again I would move them up 1/8". Not bad for $650.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great job

Quick Reply: MYGIG is out & new system is in