Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig navigation Baja Mexico Maps

Old 10-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts
Default MyGig navigation Baja Mexico Maps

Just wondering if anyone knows if the MyGig has a map available for Baja Mexico? I'm willing to pay for it just can't find any information on if it exists. Otherwise does anyone know of a portable Garmin or something similar that has the maps? I'm tired of getting lost down there. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe I should post this in the so cal section?
Old 11-14-2014, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hey man.. did you end up finding those maps?? I have been looking al over for the same..
Old 11-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by luisslaraa
hey man.. did you end up finding those maps?? I have been looking al over for the same..
No luck with this. I heard that one of the big companies not sure who, maybe Garmin makes a portable unit that has good map data. Let me know if you ever find anything. I'm planning a trip over the holidays.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go Garmin there are two really good options for off road. E23 is the best for off road but it's not routable. The one is the Bicimaps product which you can buy from Mexicomaps.com

I've used both extensively. E32 has way more detail. But if you are sticking to highways and main dirt roads the Bicimaps is nice as you can have your Garmin auto-route.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mrmike
If you go Garmin there are two really good options for off road. E23 is the best for off road but it's not routable. The one is the Bicimaps product which you can buy from Mexicomaps.com I've used both extensively. E32 has way more detail. But if you are sticking to highways and main dirt roads the Bicimaps is nice as you can have your Garmin auto-route.
Thanks for the info on this. I will have a look later this week. I would definitely like to be told where to turn but I'm not an idiot and I can read a map so the other one is def a good option too.

Quick Reply: MyGig navigation Baja Mexico Maps