Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2 Upgrade Program

Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have to say I might be lucky they didn't upgrade me. I have never had a single issue with my LP v1.0..... I am sorry you having issues. Good thing they have good support. I am sure they will get you squared away....
Old 09-24-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdmmd
Did you ever get your to work? Mine wont even work if I hold the Uconnect for 7 seconds. I have had three different units and none of them work so it must be the programming. Did you make any progress?

Well it never get any better.

Since all I have to do is push the power button twice (Like v.1) to get it to work and I read about all the failed attempts you've had with new ones. I gave up.

I am fine with just pushing the button.

So what is your next step?
Keep trying? Get your money back?

On a side note. I got the microphone to use the U-connect and after 2 weeks the only way it would work is if I literally yelled directly into it.
I called and they said they would ship me out a new one. That was over 2 weeks ago.
I just called about 10 min. ago asking for an update. He took my number and said he would call me back.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joker92
Well it never get any better.

Since all I have to do is push the power button twice (Like v.1) to get it to work and I read about all the failed attempts you've had with new ones. I gave up.

I am fine with just pushing the button.

So what is your next step?
Keep trying? Get your money back?

On a side note. I got the microphone to use the U-connect and after 2 weeks the only way it would work is if I literally yelled directly into it.
I called and they said they would ship me out a new one. That was over 2 weeks ago.
I just called about 10 min. ago asking for an update. He took my number and said he would call me back.
I'm at wits end. Mine wont work even with a double push of the power button. The company told me that if they came up with a fix or if they ever come out with a version 3 that I would be eligible for an upgrade. They claim that they have never heard of this problem and that I'm the only one which is obviously not true. And I'm sure there are others out there.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:00 PM
JK Freak

Any updates on this? Im experiencing the same issue with a manual. Also curious what you mean by press power twice? just after starting the jeep turn the radio on and off twice?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Jeep doesnt give you a new jeep when there is an upgrade....

I dont see why they should have to buy back a perfectly good product when they release a new version to be considered to be treating the customer right.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Im not looking for an upgrade. Im looking for the fix for the manual.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mdmmd
I'm at wits end. Mine wont work even with a double push of the power button. The company told me that if they came up with a fix or if they ever come out with a version 3 that I would be eligible for an upgrade. They claim that they have never heard of this problem and that I'm the only one which is obviously not true. And I'm sure there are others out there.
I just got mine to work by placing the 4 and 5 switches in the up positions. Then once on the dvd menu press and hold the uconnect button for 10 seconds, after that, Im able to double press the power button and get the view video button to come on while under way. double press and it goes away. just wish I would have figured this out before the trop last weekend.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

NAV-TV AllGig USB. Upgrades come on dvd. no having to open up the dash again.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Nav tv much better

Second that ! Lockpick is junk in my opinion and yes i have tried both.
Originally Posted by RubiCajun
NAV-TV AllGig USB. Upgrades come on dvd. no having to open up the dash again.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Super Freak

well hearing that it is not working well with the 6spd i think i will wait mine works fine. the drive in motion does not work though i have to check that out sometimes its a pain in the a## when i try to put in a dest but i don't mind stopping for a min. also never played a dvd in it. so i have no idea if it even works. haha but i LOVE my backup camera so if it's not working well with the new one ill hold off but they better take care of there past customers i was one of the first people to buy that thing to show my support they better do something.

Quick Reply: MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2 Upgrade Program