Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2 Upgrade Program

Old 08-12-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So for some reason the Lockpick V2 does not work well with the manual transmission. I have been on the phone with the company because the speller input still is disabled while in drive. They sent me a new unit and after swapping the lockpick gizmo and the wiring harness, it still does not work. Everything else works. the original one worked so I am a little disappointed with the new version.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mdmmd
So for some reason the Lockpick V2 does not work well with the manual transmission. I have been on the phone with the company because the speller input still is disabled while in drive. They sent me a new unit and after swapping the lockpick gizmo and the wiring harness, it still does not work. Everything else works. the original one worked so I am a little disappointed with the new version.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

update? fix? that's my next purchase after the lift install
Old 08-13-2008, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey, I am having similar problems with my manual Trans and the LP v2.0

The speller input and DVD shut off when I start moving. I held the UConnect button in for 7 seconds so now I can push the power button twice to get it to work but if I have v2.0 it should work properly.

At least you got through. I have called 3 times, this week and all I get is an answering service who takes my message and I guess faxes it to them. Driving me nuts.

So what's the next step MudBoss? What are they planning to do to remedy the situation?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

joker, i was asking you guys. i don't have one yet i spent all my money on the lift kit that's sitting on my garage floor. once i recoop from that, i was going to order the LP v2.0 . i was hoping to hear that you got this resolved quickly (for your sake and mine) so my kids can watch movies in the back seat.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MI MudBoss
joker, i was asking you guys. i don't have one yet i spent all my money on the lift kit that's sitting on my garage floor. once i recoop from that, i was going to order the LP v2.0 . i was hoping to hear that you got this resolved quickly (for your sake and mine) so my kids can watch movies in the back seat.
Sorry. MudBoss.

I meant to direct that question to "mdmmd". Hopefully he replies back and gives us both an answer.

In the meantime, I will still keep calling to try to get someone to call me back.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I havn't spoke to them yet but I am getting sick of pulling apart the dashboard to swap this thing out. They were actually very nice on the phone, I'm disappointed that you have been having trouble getting through. I will call them again today to see if they have any other means of diagnosing the problem. I'll let you know what I come up with.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Joker, So I spoke to Kelly at Coastal tech. She was very nice and told me that they have never heard of this problem but that she would be happy to swap it out again. She suggested that we try a hard reset of the lock pick by opening the driver side door and removing the key from the ignition. Then unplug the lockpick for 5 min. then plug it in and wait another 5 minutes. then see if it works. I dont have high hopes for this to work but you may want to give it a try.

The other thing is, I asked her if the firmware version may have anything to do with it. I still have the 9.561 and they are up to 9.715 (soon to be 9.801). Im going to update mine tonight and see if anything changes. I'll report back after but it may be something to consider trying. Cheers
Old 08-13-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I updated to version 9.175. No joy... Still doesn't work. Im leaving the thing unplugged overnight to see if it works. let you know tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Joker, So I spoke to Kelly at Coastal tech. She was very nice and told me that they have never heard of this problem but that she would be happy to swap it out again. She suggested that we try a hard reset of the lock pick by opening the driver side door and removing the key from the ignition. Then unplug the lockpick for 5 min. then plug it in and wait another 5 minutes. then see if it works. I dont have high hopes for this to work but you may want to give it a try.

The other thing is, I asked her if the firmware version may have anything to do with it. I still have the 9.561 and they are up to 9.715 (soon to be 9.801). Im going to update mine tonight and see if anything changes. I'll report back after but it may be something to consider trying. Cheers
Thanks mdmmd;
I finally got ahold of someone at Coastal Tech. It was a female so it could very well have been Kelly also.

She had a guy named Carlos call me later to troubleshoot. He called me on my way home from work. He asked if I had the latest firmware (which I do) I walked him through what the problem was, he had me push some standard buttons which I had already done. He then said that I needed to take it out and check the dip switches among other things. I told him that the switches are in the exact same position as the picture in the Wrangler install sheets, but he still had some other things to try while the unit was out.
Unfortunately I didn't have the time to remove my radio and troubleshoot inside the dash at that time so I told him that I would have to call back at another time. But at least I now have his direct number. While he wasn't very helpful so far with my situation, he used some very logical troubleshooting steps so I feel that he knows what he's doing.

Well I'm on vacation to the beach all next week so I plan to keep it in for the trip (I think I can handle hitting the power button twice vs. not having the open Nav. functionality for the trip).

When I get back it will be back to troubleshooting and I'll post any progress I make but I'm guessing that you'll cover more ground sooner than I will.

Just to confirm. Will yours work in 'push power button twice' mode (Hold UConnect button down for 7 seconds) , or not at all?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you ever get your to work? Mine wont even work if I hold the Uconnect for 7 seconds. I have had three different units and none of them work so it must be the programming. Did you make any progress?

Quick Reply: MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2 Upgrade Program