Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2 Upgrade Program

Old 07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2 Upgrade Program

Well I have owned the LockPick for 4 months now and I love it. I just noticed that they have come out with MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2 now and I wanted to know it they are going to do a trade in or a upgrade program of some sort. So, I called them today and they said "not yet" they want to see what kind of response they get from past owners first.

So all I am asking is current owners please call and ask for a "upgrade program" or a "trade in program" of some sort for us buyers who supported them in the begining.

Coastal Electronic Technologies, Inc.

Last edited by Robar; 07-08-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: PLEASE DON'T POST NON SPONSOR CONTACT INFORMATION.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be calling tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up
Old 07-08-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will try to call also..... wait what does the new version do for you?

Edit I just went and watched the Vid.. I like some of the new features but I wouldn't be willing to pay more for them. just my .02

Last edited by Rescue Bean; 07-08-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

i called a week ago. they said they would do a switch if you purchased yours within 30 days. I mentioned to them the problem I had had with the red acc wire not working for the back up camera and they said because I had called in about that before they would do the switch. They were actually very pleasant on the phone so my advice is give it a try. One of the fixes was a change in the wiring harness. now there is a new separate power wire for the backup camera in addition to the other accessory wires. I am in the process of upgrading as we speak.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Default manual trans.

now i'm glad that i waited to order mine!
question regarding manual trans. if anyone knows: it showed the cameras coming on when shifting into drive, would that work once i shifted into 1st gear?
i love the new features!!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I watched the video.........KEWL! I could not find any information on what voice commands you get for the Ipod....anybody know? I have the Sync software in my commuter car and it is great.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mdmmd
i called a week ago. they said they would do a switch if you purchased yours within 30 days. I mentioned to them the problem I had had with the red acc wire not working for the back up camera and they said because I had called in about that before they would do the switch. They were actually very pleasant on the phone so my advice is give it a try. One of the fixes was a change in the wiring harness. now there is a new separate power wire for the backup camera in addition to the other accessory wires. I am in the process of upgrading as we speak.
I just called them and was told that no matter when you ordered it that they are not doing upgrades etc. I just bought mine 3 weeks ago. i then mentioned that i need to speak with someone becasue the red accessory wire is not putting out any power and she said she would have a technician call me when he was available but still no upgrade etc offered. When I speak with the tech, i'm going to try and swing the upgrade thing again with him.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks like nav-tv is the better unit????
they upgrade when they get a new one
still on the fence but i am thinkin navs unit
Old 07-12-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

I got mine the end of March.

I definitely will not buy another one to just get the new features... But I would be willing to send mine back and pay a little more for a upgrade too V2. We will see. I am hoping that they treat their past customers right...
Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
JK Newbie

Has anyone mounted the Lockpick "front" camera in the undercarriage to be able to view the front wheels? That might be handy in the rocks to be able to see exactly where the tires are placed.

Quick Reply: MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2 Upgrade Program