Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig Lockpick Navigation Frozen

Old 07-07-2012, 12:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, had the Jeep for three years this summer, no problems with the MyGig what so ever. About a week ago I started having trouble with it not functioning right with discs i.e. DVD and CD.. it has been 100+ degrees here the last week or two.. any chance thats giving it problems? Anyone else had this problem?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I just installed a v5 lockpick in my 2012 5 spd, and I am having the same problem as the OP....great...
Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Spoke with Ransom at Coastaltech today. He said this is a manual 2012 issue, and they do not currently have a solution. They had initially thought the issue had been resolved, so the website does still have some conflicting information about the compatibility with the 2012 manual, but they are certain this is not a workable solution at this time. At least they are being cool about my returning the unit. The auto transmission, in my understanding, should not have any problems.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JusticeForAll
In my furious search last night to find an answer, I read a lot about 2012 standard transmissions and the lockpick having a problem. I have the 5spd auto.
I have a 2012 auto w/ 730 RHR and my lock pick has frozen my nav...totdoc or justice have a solution to your problem yet?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:17 PM
JK Newbie

Same thing in my 2012 with an automatic. Navigation is whacked and my location is wrong.....
Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Ok problem solved. Talked to the guy that makes these, the default setting is NAV off under the mygig settings. Turned it ON and everything works great.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

I don't know if its a lock pic problem but the navigation screen freezes at the initializaton part. The blue tooth won't work either. I unplugged the battery to try to reset it and still doesn't work. I disconnected the lock pic and its still doing it. Its intermitent now where one day you start the truck and everything works. The next its all buggered up. I took it into the dealer and of course it starts working again and they can't duplicate the problem. So know I have to wait till it happens again and take it in right away. The lock pic has now been disconnected for a couple of weeks. I'm just wondering if the lock pic messed up the harddrive or the whole unit. The navigation when it works worked flawlessly. I have also called Coastal and told them my problems and they don't think its their equipment. I just want to plug it back in so the back up camera function works again the and the video...

Sorry for the long rant.

R.K.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Same problem with my2012 with automatic and 730N. I installed a Lockpick, it worked well for a week. Then the navigation locked up and the Bluetooth quit. I removed the Lockpick and the navigation is now working but the Bluetooth is still out after a week.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

So the navigation unit froze again. This time we were able to bring it into the dealer to show them the problem. They are going to be replacing the headunit tomorrow. I will then reinstall the lockpick and will update the thread periodically.

R.K.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Super Freak

This happened to my 2013 for the first time this morning. I was able to stop the Jeep, turn it off, open the door to get the radio to power off, and after setting for a minute or so, restarted and it came back. I noticed while it was in this state, if I did a "where am I" on the GPS, it was still showing the location it was stuck on ( in this case my house). I also noticed it was blank for,a good 5-10 seconds after starting it, like it was delayed in booting up. I had the same delayed start later this evening, but no stuck nav this time. For full disclosure this is a 2013, 730N, auto, with Lockpick V5.

Quick Reply: Mygig Lockpick Navigation Frozen