Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig Lockpick Navigation Frozen

Old 07-01-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig Lockpick Navigation Frozen

Installed the mygig lockpick on my 2012 JK yesterday. Everything unlocked (video in motion, text entry in motion), however, I've got a huge problem with the nav. The map that displays my current location is frozen on one spot. As I turn the map rotates as it would normally, but the map never changes. Lets say, I'm at point *A*, as I go down the road the map will rotate around point *A* as my general cardinal direction changes, however the map does not move with me. It's showing my Jeep as being in one location, just spinning around as I change direction.

The only thing I can think of that I've done incorrectly is the switches on the lockpick unit. The instructions indicate that if I have a "High Speed" unit switches 1 and 2 should be in the down position. On the next page is says if I have a "High Speed" Unit, switches 2 and 3 should be in the down position. So naturally, I have switches 1,2 and 3 down.

Any help?
Old 07-01-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have unplugged my battery in hopes this would reset it. Same problems, just the actual location I was frozen at changed.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you plug you gps antenna back in? Or is it plugged in all the way?
Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I assume that's a plug in the back of the unit. I'll take a look tonight.
I debugged the Nav which mashes the map move but it has me about a quarter mile behing my actual local, and to the left.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry. Miss read something and wrote something irrelevant.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nope, no day star tray, nothing up there. Maybe I've got a cord loose on the back of the unit. Its frozen up again...
Old 07-02-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, sounds like the GPS is not plugged in all the way. I also just left the switches on my lockpick stock as it came to me.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Jedi

GPS antenna is $34 at the dealer. u might have broken the wire. When you turn the lockpick on and off does it change anything? very rarely mine will say I am going backwards. I turn off the lockpick then back on and all is good.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

It updates my location every time I turn the jeep off and back on. Then it's been freezing at one spot. I'm going to take a look at the back of the unit and set what the plug situation is. Which is the antenna wire?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi

short one that goes to the little square antenna above the radio. I think it has a blue plug and the SAT radio one has a yellow plug. I could be wrong on that. Just follow the wire from the antenna over the radio.

Quick Reply: Mygig Lockpick Navigation Frozen