Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

mygig Lockpick camera problems

Old 04-15-2015, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mygig Lockpick camera problems

I have been using my V5 Lock Pick on my 2014 JKU with the 430N for a few months with no problems until recently. Lately, when using the backup or front camera the screen is dark and hard to see about 50% of the time. There is an image there and the cameras seem to be working but it is very dark. The other 50% it looks just fine. Anyone had this issue? Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not exactly what you are describing, but I worked on a friend's jeep that had the lockpick. I was going to put in a flush mount camera for him and for some reason the lockpick didn't like the camera at all. It worked fine on my NAV-TV unit but I just coudlnt get it it to work properly on the lockpick. There was some feedback coming to the headunit, so it was getting someothing from the camera, but no bueno. Tried another camera and it worked fine. Not sure what kind of camera you are using but it could possibly be the camera.

I'd also suggest checking your RCA cables to make sure you have a solid connection and they haven't wiggled loose.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Do you know what brand of camera worked?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2015, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotts14jk
Do you know what brand of camera worked?

Thanks!
I tried a couple ones, one was forward-facing so that woudln't help much, the other was a nice Alpine camera (we were trying to swap his alpine camera w/ the Gino flush mount)

I coudln't figure it out so just chalked it up to being something about the video feed that the Lockpick didn't like.
(this is the one that didn't work) http://www.amazon.com/Flush-Waterpro...ds=gino+camera
Old 04-20-2015, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

How do you like the Navtv compared to the lockpik?
Old 04-20-2015, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't played w/ the lockpick enough to actually be able to compare the two. Having that one camera not work was frustrating, but I've had a couple of hicc-ups w/ my NAV-TV unit as well. The guys at NAV-TV have been very responsive and are easy to get ahold of to answer technical questions (both on the phone and online). But they both work pretty well once they are up and running.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was experiencing a similar issue and reset the Lockpik by removing the negative lead on the battery and replacing it after about 20 seconds - worked for me.

Quick Reply: mygig Lockpick camera problems