Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig lockpick and camera

Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
This is correct. Lockpick/NavTV/Navtool you can install everything on your own to get the camera working. The Mopar camera plugs right into the back of the radio, but you will need the dealer to activate the camera with their ScanTool.
No you do not have to take a Mopar camera add on to the Dealer. The only reason they say that is to keep Records of installs. The simple way to understand this is not a dealer flash, is to read the mopar install manual and perform a install yourself to see that it will do exactly as stated in the above statement that was referenced from www.mofv.com/mygig/
which is the Unofficial MyGIG Website that was Started in 2007 and i have been a member since then, when the First Mygig was in a Chrysler Product. This was just a chat room....This was true tested installs and things weren't a guess or an Opinion.
We made it happen and if it didn't work then that info was quickly shared. I had a Back up camera and Bluetooth Handsfree Phone and complete Voice Recognition the First week I owned the Sahara with the MyGig RER. it is not as hard as some want it to be.
It's a self contained Box with many abilities if you know how to work with this type of Technology. Can Bus does not control the Infotainment Unit, it just carries messages and sometimes receives the Time when needed.
So when did your attempt to do this install Fail and you are sharing that with everyone now?

If it wasn't for all of us that were members of MOFV contacting Harman Becker for info and not afraid to test our own units, Trust me, Chrysler would not have you or 90 percent of the MyGig owners anywhere near the Latest update of the Software or Gracenotes.
There are just a couple Chrysler Update Offers are can be found and those are for the iCrap phone problems. Chrysler started a MyGig/Uconnect update site, but go have a look, nothing but a list of phones that work with the MyGig and No downloads for updates or a TSB for bringing the Unit for a Update. A HDD corrupt fix, and a Clock Fix...that's about it.
Member for the last 7 or 8 years....keeping up to date...until they have been down a while this time.....SOX is one of the Oldest Members also...

How long have you been a Member to see, hear and do all that has and can and will be done with these Units?

If this couldn't work or has ever worked, I think the Site had a Few Years to Correct the Typo, if there were one....

Very easy to bring up old Records etc from back then..... Google can help ya
Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

Sept 2008.....http://www.shadowsstation.ch/attachm...G/mygigFAQ.pdf

July 2008...Read Page 10...you will see how they describe if the MyGig thinks it detects a Camera...DETECTS....If you know what you are doing, this can be done in the Engineer Menu....
...http://www.shadowsstation.ch/attachm...nshinweise.pdf
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

The Wranglers were never planned to have Back Up Cameras and still don't have them and prob won't until the new Law kicks in requiring all vehicles to have one. As most Wrangler owners know or have found out, if it wasn't built or designed in the factory to have a Feature, then it can not be added. Not even with a Flash from the Dealer.
It took Chrysler from 2007 to 2011-2012 to put a permanent home for the Mic on the MyGigs.....
Old 04-04-2013, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
The Wranglers were never planned to have Back Up Cameras and still don't have them and prob won't until the new Law kicks in requiring all vehicles to have one. As most Wrangler owners know or have found out, if it wasn't built or designed in the factory to have a Feature, then it can not be added. Not even with a Flash from the Dealer.
It took Chrysler from 2007 to 2011-2012 to put a permanent home for the Mic on the MyGigs.....
Thanks for all the help 👍
Old 04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cpfiremn
Thanks for all the help 
You are Welcome...Anytime
Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
I have to respectfully disagree with this. There are dozens of posts on here with people who have taken their JK to the dealer, installed the Commander or Grand Cherokee backup cam, had them flash it with the code for backup cam, and then it functions just like if it came from the factory.

Here's an example:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77821
Old 04-04-2013, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

i have to respectfully disagree with this. There are dozens of posts on here with people who have taken their jk to the dealer, installed the commander or grand cherokee backup cam, had them flash it with the code for backup cam, and then it functions just like if it came from the factory.

Here's an example:

MOPAR Backup camera installed on Jeep mygig
that is called aftermarket installs....my statement clearly is talking about factory built, or even a camera made just for the wrangler does not exist. Where do you read that i would make a statement saying i put a camera and a mic in my jeep the first weekend i had it way back in 2007 then turn around and say there isn't a way to do a camera......

Do you ever read fully????

Go away...you do this everytime you see me.....i have been working on...with...around....sleep with...these infotainment units a hell of alot longer then you and these are like playing with a etch-a-sketch compared to what i do for a living in the business i own.
Go away child!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

i have to respectfully disagree with this. There are dozens of posts on here with people who have taken their jk to the dealer, installed the commander or grand cherokee backup cam, had them flash it with the code for backup cam, and then it functions just like if it came from the factory.

Here's an example:

MOPAR Backup camera installed on Jeep mygig
all you have to do is go to google search, put in your keywords...then change the date to 2007 and you will find what we did in the old days and see that a flash isn't always needed if needed at all....everyone that you hear about a camera they bought from a dealer, all let dealer install and /or flash it , all without trying it themself.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

If you read the thread, he clearly he states he took a Mopar accessory part, installed it, and had the dealer activate it by flashing the code in from the instructions. This is not aftermarket stuff like I did with my eBay cam and Lockpick. I agree there is no factory option, but it's been done many times by the dealer using Mopar parts.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Several posts in this thread have been deleted because they are off-topic and are not conducive to civil discussion. Please keep this thread on topic and be respectful to one another. The community benefits from good technical dialog but understand that there is more than one why to address a problem.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Quick Reply: Mygig lockpick and camera