Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig lockpick and camera

Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig lockpick and camera

Do I need a " lockpick" to install a rear backup camera? Im not interested that the camera works when in forward motion, just for it to work when the jeep is in reverse? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the answer.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone... Anyone?? Bueller
Old 04-02-2013, 11:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know if you "need" one, but I have a lockpick and you can definitely add the backup camera feature to the system when in reverse. I'm not sure the factory MyGIG has a stand alone reverse camera input. Maybe certain models do?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Found this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...p-mygig-77821/

Apparently you can hardwire a camera to certain MyGig models, but you'll need the dealership to activate the feature using a StarScan.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cpfiremn
Do I need a " lockpick" to install a rear backup camera? Im not interested that the camera works when in forward motion, just for it to work when the jeep is in reverse? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the answer.
Which MyGig do you have? Bottom right corner of the Unit will be 3 Letters, like RER....RHR....RHB... etc...What year Jeep....Is the Unit Original Factory Installed?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer

Which MyGig do you have? Bottom right corner of the Unit will be 3 Letters, like RER....RHR....RHB... etc...What year Jeep....Is the Unit Original Factory Installed?
It's a RER model from 2009 JKU and its factory installed
Old 04-02-2013, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Found this thread:

Apparently you can hardwire a camera to certain MyGig models, but you'll need the dealership to activate the feature using a StarScan.
Thank you I will take a look
Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have a lockpick and the back up camera you will not need the stealership to activate the camera function.
I have that set up and remember not to have them do anything. I believe the directions will tell you how to activate your camera through the set up section on the MyGig.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cpfiremn
If you buy a Mopar Camera for the MyGig and you install it, you Will Not Need the Dealer's Help, Aftermarket Cameras without a CanBus Feed to Communicate, then you will need LockPick or A Fun Mod Job...lol...

This is from the Website that we (MyGig Owners) have been Tied to since 2007....

Q: Can I connect a backup camera to the MyGIG radio if I purchased it without a camera?
A: Not by default but yes. The MyGIG radio detects that the vehicle is equipped with a backup camera. It then
activates the user menu to automatically enable or disable the back up camera when the vehicle is in reverse. The
production software does not allow operation of an aftermarket backup camera nor does it allow any other video
source to be added to the MyGIG display because these products do not change the vehicle configuration
message. However you can add a MyGIG LockPick or ALLGIG-USB module that will allow the connection of a
backup camera and your vehicle will function as if it has a factory camera installed.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Found this thread:

This is correct. Lockpick/NavTV/Navtool you can install everything on your own to get the camera working. The Mopar camera plugs right into the back of the radio, but you will need the dealer to activate the camera with their ScanTool.

Quick Reply: Mygig lockpick and camera