Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGiG Location Problems

Old 07-05-2010, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGiG Location Problems

Hi there, did a search but couldnt find anything conclusive, please point me in the right direction if my search abilities are handicapped.

Anhow, just got my JK unlimited Rubi 10 days ago. Today, for the first time we drove more than 100 miles from home (Colorado Springs) to Winter Park (via Denver) about 130 miles. Not that location may matter to all of you, but My MyGig Navigation got stuck in Denver and when I started headed up the mountain pass to Winter Park it just started roaming all over the Denver Map and left me without Nav for the rest of the day. In fact, now that I am back in the Colorado Springs area, it STILL shows me in Denver (about 80 miles away). It seems that its just totally lost.

This seems to be a common problem on the net, but everything I could find was from the last 3 years and nothing was current, so I wanted to come here for the advice on any fixes.

Let me caveat and also state that I installed a CB on my dash (above the MyGig) this weekend as well, but didnt have any problem until today (about 3 days). If this is my issue than I need a reset sequence, because even when I remove the CB, it still shows me 70 miles away.

Any help would be appreciated. If I need to take it to the dealer, I will, I just cringe at the thought.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The compass sensor and GPS sensor are directly under the plastic cover above the MyGig. The magnet from the speaker on the CB is causing your issue. (Or you drilled a hole in one of them when you mounted the CB) Once you remove the CB you will have to drive around for a few days to allow the sensors recalibrate.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, thanks. Guess I need to find another spot.

Lame!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just had my head unit and gps antena replaced in my 2008 Rubi b/c it would not pick up the satelites and wander all over the place. It works great now.

Quick Reply: MyGiG Location Problems