Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig and Ipod adapter not working together!!??!!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig and Ipod adapter not working together!!??!!

When I ordered my 2009 Rubicon, I got it with all the bells and whistles so it was ready to roll right from the dealership. I did get the Mygig with the added mic and Ipod adapter. It was only reciently that I did plug in an IPod and then realized that it does not work. I brought it back to the dealership and told them about this issue. They told me that the IPod adapter came with the mic (so it was free) and only certain Mygig unit can utilize the IPod adapter. So, they tell me that there is nothing more that they can do for me. Has anyone else heard of such a thing? That makes no sense on why Chrysler would do that and it looks like my unit should accept that as the screen does have the aux "soft button". Just wondering what recourse I may have...
Old 07-29-2010, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean? No functionality at all or it doesn't work correctly? There appears to be a bug in the 4.0 release of software for the iTouch such that it doesn't work CORRECTLY with the iPod cable at least with the RES radio, and maybe yours? If you have an iTouch with 3.1.3 (or earlier?) software, that's not the problem.

sd
Old 07-29-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ultrasport an I have been through this a little bit.

My IPhone wasn't 'seen' by the system using the normal white Apple USB connector. When I switched to an aftermarket cable that uses the earbud port, it worked just fine.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

With the IPod connector I can only charge the device. I can not get music or control it through my radio. I have tried several different IPods out there to the same effect, no music and no ability to control it...
Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Stuartsbasement
When I ordered my 2009 Rubicon, I got it with all the bells and whistles so it was ready to roll right from the dealership. I did get the Mygig with the added mic and Ipod adapter. It was only reciently that I did plug in an IPod and then realized that it does not work. I brought it back to the dealership and told them about this issue. They told me that the IPod adapter came with the mic (so it was free) and only certain Mygig unit can utilize the IPod adapter. So, they tell me that there is nothing more that they can do for me. Has anyone else heard of such a thing? That makes no sense on why Chrysler would do that and it looks like my unit should accept that as the screen does have the aux "soft button". Just wondering what recourse I may have...
On the screen with the Aux soft button, there should be a button for iPod. If it's not there, then something is wrong with the setup. Was the MyGig in the Jeep from the factory, or did the dealer install it before delivery? The reson I ask is the 07-08 MyGig units will not work with the iPod cable, only the 09 & up units. If the dealer installed the radio, then it's very possible they put the wrong unit in and it won't work. One way to know which model it is would be to pull the top dash cover off and get the part number off the radio.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

There is a possibility you have one of the very early 2009 MyGigs. I can't recall the part number for them, but I had one and it would not work. I sold it and got a later 2009 and it was fine.

Have you checked the connection in the back of the mygig to make sure everything is plugged in properly. I'm sure you have, but if not I'd start there.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

So if I asked for that option and they supplied me the Ipod connector without the proper radio, are they on the hook to supply me with the proper unit? When I first picked up the vehicle I did not have an Ipod so I was not able to ensure that this option was working, can I make a valid claim to get the currnet head unit?

Quick Reply: Mygig and Ipod adapter not working together!!??!!