Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig HU and aftermarket Amp

Old 08-19-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig HU and aftermarket Amp

I recently installed a MyGig RBZ HU in my 2012 2DR with factory Infinity system. I want to upgrade by eventually replacing the Infinity amp, all speakers, including the sub.

If I remove the amp completely and go with a 5-channel amp can I use a LOC from the MyGig L/F & R/F outputs at the rear C2 connector to feed the amp?

What happens to the fade/balance controls by doing this? I'm assuming JK's with non-infinity systems with MyGig radios still have some balance/fade capability.

Last edited by vulcan classic; 08-19-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:22 AM
JK Freak

C'mon, someone with a MyGig and non infinity system chime in!!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

I have an RBZ with an aftermarket amp. I am just using the speaker outputs from the back of the HU to speaker-level inputs on my amp. Originally was wired up on the RES HU. The RBZ uses the same wiring harness.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

The factory harness for Infinity system does not have wires on the pins 19-22 for the front speaker outputs at the grey 22- pin connector; the Infinity setup takes the rear speaker output signals from pins 8-11 (audio left/audio right mode) to the amp and splits to front and rear signals at the amp output connector via signal processing.

I'm trying to run my system as if the Infinity was never installed and use front and rear outputs just like it was base system instead of using a summing device/LOC. The factory sub sucks so I'm wanting to go with some full range components in front and coaxials in rear sound bar powered by a four channel amp and basic four channel LOC.

So I need to add some wires to the C2 connector on the MyGig for the front speaker outputs. Maybe I need dealer flash so mygig thinks its in non infinity setup. Any mygig experts can confirm this?

Last edited by vulcan classic; 08-20-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CollllllloJK
I have an RBZ with an aftermarket amp. I am just using the speaker outputs from the back of the HU to speaker-level inputs on my amp. Originally was wired up on the RES HU. The RBZ uses the same wiring harness.
Do you have the Infinity system or non Infinity base system?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by vulcan classic
Do you have the Infinity system or non Infinity base system?
I have the base system.

Quick Reply: MyGig HU and aftermarket Amp