Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig help !

Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig help !

I just got a mygig into my dash and I need instructions on using some of the features, is there an owners manual or some of the tech here that can help me with like downloading music into the hard drive ? I keep trying and it keeps telling me everything else other than it has started downloading it. Does it need to be in any specific type of format or ???? I don't know if it is worth getting the ipod cable or just downloading the music onto the hardrive from my multiple spots that I have it on. ie; ipod, micro sd card or portable hardrive.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here you go Easyryder.

jeep.com/en/owners/mygig/

The manual can be downloaded by clicking on MyGig Resources. One is for with Navi and one is without.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you very much that was a lot of help, the only problem is that I download all my music from limewire and it is on a micro sd card or my ipod, and on bothe cases it is not accepting my info. What could be wrong with it ? I think that the music is in mp3 format, and I don't know what wma format is ?
Old 02-04-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

.WMA is a Windows Media Player format. Your .MP3 should work fine.

How are you trying to load the files off an SD card? You have to either load them off cd or use the USB port on the MyGig. The USB via flash/thumb drive is the quickest and easiest way.

I'm not sure if anyone has been able to use the iPod as a mass storage device and load them from there or not. It seems like I've read on here that has been done, but I may be way off.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Downloading music was a huge pain for me - I had to get a middleware converter to change the format to something the Jeep could recognize. I had to use AllMusicConverter, and even then there were gaps in songs. Anyone else find a good converter that is compatible with 64bit system, let me know.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did a few quick searches and it does look like you can change your ipod to a mass storage device and import your music via the USB port.

In addition to the forum, check out the site below for tons of MyGig related info as well.
mofv.com/mygig/

Sorry Normal...I'm no help with your 64-bit converter. Hopefully someone else has an answer.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Most quality converters are based on 32bit

The one 64bit converter I've found is called Power YouTube To MP3. I've never used it and it appears to be another scammy spyware filled app (as most converters are) I use a cracked version of Tunebite. I can convert most 329kb/s quality 3.0mb songs in less than 20sec. You can also queue up as many songs as you would like to convert. mp3/wma/mp4/etc. are all available for forward and reverse converting.

To download your iPod music to the MyGig just use your standard USB iPod cord and plug it into the USB port on the MyGig. If you have the 2010 MyGig I believe you can choose which music/playlists specifically that you would like imported.

If you have a 2008 (I do) you MUST DL all of the music from your iPod to your MyGig. If you have Lockpick v.2 I think you can re-arrange and delete some of the files, I haven't tried yet but I'll give it a shot tonight and let you know how it goes.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
JK Freak

download itunes (free) will import to mp3 and convert to mp3 and load up a usb drive

also 1000s of podcasts you can download quality is better than sirius.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure this is related to your current problem but this is a great mygig site with software updates and gracenote updates and other helpful mygig info http://mofv.com/mygig/
Old 02-08-2010, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I cant understand what the problem was with the micro sd card that I was using to download my music and pics buy I can tell you that I used a same brand but larger micro sd card with the same music that I copied over and put into mt blackberry so I can use it as an ipod if you will and one downloaded to the mygig and the other didn't go figure ! The other thing is that the damn ting is so slow to download anything to it's hard drive. Is there anyway of speeding that up or even a short cut as to looking up pics, because that is a crime all of it's own. You get one phone call and you have to start all over again and it takes like 25-30 seconds to get to get from page to page !

Quick Reply: MyGig help !