Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig Display not dimming with headlights on

Old 10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MyGig Display not dimming with headlights on

My display is not dimming when set to "Auto" at night, or with the headlights on. Anybody else have this problem?

I have to go into the Display settings and choose "Night" manually every time, otherwise it's blindingly bright at night. I had a lock-pick installed, but that's disconnected with no change. Just wondering if there is an easy fix before I pull all the lock-pick wiring out of the dash to take it in to the dealer.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this problem for a while on my 2012 Rubicon. I found two things that eventually corrected it. You have to leave the function to switch between night/day set to auto. When you start messing with it, it will stay on the last setting.

Second, the dimmer on the left side that changes the dash lights, also affects this. I had my dimmer set to max and for some reason when I turned it down a little, and set mine to auto, it started working again.

Dealer told me that there is a sensor in the unit to detect light and that they sometimes have issues.

Hope this helps

- S
Old 10-25-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Junkie

You probably know this but, if your instrument cluster lights are at full brightness so will be your Mygig.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sdr0303
I
Second, the dimmer on the left side that changes the dash lights, also affects this. I had my dimmer set to max and for some reason when I turned it down a little, and set mine to auto, it started working again.

- S
That's because max position on the dimmer is for no dimming, aka when you run your lights during the day in rain, or for a parade or funeral procession. Because of this, it also forces the MyGig into daytime mode. The next click down is actually the brightest setting for night time, and thus the MyGig will switch over to night time mode.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I didn't think to check the dimmer switch.

Quick Reply: MyGig Display not dimming with headlights on