Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

mygig and amp

Old 04-08-2010, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mygig and amp

My audio installer tried to get a clean signal from between the mygig and Infinity amp, with no success using CHYAA07 . First time he tried it worked for 5 min, then the system went to full volume. he thought he blew the part somehow, so he ordered another one, and it did the same thing.

so now I got a 1000watt amp and 15" sub connected by taking a signal from the front speakers, and it sounds horrible, my installer says there is no solution. Can anybody help me!! please!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just tapped the rear OEM subwoofer speaker wires and run into my amp via a line level converter. Worked fine for me, but I'm not running a 1000 watt amp either (just a 250 watt amp powering a 10" bazooka.)
Old 04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

I was just thinking to myself . . . . lockpic has rca outputs, if I add a lockpik will I get the clean uncrossed over, un ampliphied signal i'm looking for?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good Luck,,, I tried the converter with the rear sub wires and could not get it to work. As of now, I am thinking of just pulling the entire stock system out. And putting in exactly what I want.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

I could really use come advice please . . . . does anybody actually have this working properly?
I'm still wondering about lockpic?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Same here works and sounds great this also takes alot of stress off the stock infinity amp and my others speakers sound so much cleaner.

Originally Posted by RedRock GatorRaider
I just tapped the rear OEM subwoofer speaker wires and run into my amp via a line level converter. Worked fine for me, but I'm not running a 1000 watt amp either (just a 250 watt amp powering a 10" bazooka.)

Quick Reply: mygig and amp