Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig 430N - Nav/video/backup camera in motion - Manual Trans?

Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig 430N - Nav/video/backup camera in motion - Manual Trans?

I have a 2012 JKUR with a 6 speed manual transmission. I have tried reading through all the forum posts and Google hits on this subject and I’m still not sure if it can be done. All these conversations on this subject keep getting derailed by people asking what type of camera you installed. I’m 99% sure the lockpick will not work or provide Nav/video/backup camera in motion. Question: 1. Has anyone installed the ALLGIG_XG-HS (https://navtv.com/product/174/allgig-xg-hs.html) interface in a manual transmission Jeep? 2. Were you able to get it to provide Nav/video/backup camera in motion without toggling a switch or pushing a button to change between screens? 3. If yes, do you have any pictures or work instruction on how you installed it? Thank you all! This is my first Jeep and I’m new to this forum…I’ve really enjoyed reading the comments here and look forward to learning from you all.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Just set the dip switches and there is no need to toggle with this kit: CRUX Interfacing Solutions ::: RVCCH-75W
Old 01-29-2015, 10:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2012 JKUR manual tranny. Lockpick will not work. NAV-TV does work. Call them to order your unit and make sure you specify manual tranny. I've been running mine for a year and a half, works fine w/ my 730RHR. Sort of a PITA to pull off the dash but there is a video on youtube that shows you how to do it. you plug in a harness in the back of your radio, then mount the NAV-TV unit somewhere (I mounted mine behind the glove box). The harness has a bunch of wires hanging off it, one fo them (I forget which, but the instructions tell you which) is an accessory power wire. You can use this to power the camera or trip a relay to send power to the camera (I used a relay). All in, it was a pretty simply install. I have been using one of the $13 Gino flush-mount cameras off eBay with no problems at all.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

not sure I understood your question #2 - the unit shows the rear camera when you put the jeep in reverse, and goes back to rado/nav screen when back out of reverse. If you want to turn the camera on when driving, you have to double-press the power button on the radio.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dead Elk
I have a 2012 JKUR with a 6 speed manual transmission. I have tried reading through all the forum posts and Google hits on this subject and I’m still not sure if it can be done. All these conversations on this subject keep getting derailed by people asking what type of camera you installed. I’m 99% sure the lockpick will not work or provide Nav/video/backup camera in motion. Question: 1. Has anyone installed the ALLGIG_XG-HS (https://navtv.com/product/174/allgig-xg-hs.html) interface in a manual transmission Jeep? 2. Were you able to get it to provide Nav/video/backup camera in motion without toggling a switch or pushing a button to change between screens? 3. If yes, do you have any pictures or work instruction on how you installed it? Thank you all! This is my first Jeep and I’m new to this forum…I’ve really enjoyed reading the comments here and look forward to learning from you all.
I have a 2012 JKUR with 6 speed and my lockpick works just as advertised. I have backup camera (works with reverse, I can use the navigation scren functions while driving, and watch dvd videos too. While I can't listen to music while viewing the camera while in motion, it does work, and if I was to add any more cameras, I could watch those too. Not sure why others are having so many issues.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Curious when you bought your lockpick. When I bought mine in August 2012 they definitely didn't work on the manual tranny (at least that's what the lockpick folks told me when I asked them if it worked). Something to do w/ the "reverse signal" being different on the manual vs auto.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonboy74
Curious when you bought your lockpick. When I bought mine in August 2012 they definitely didn't work on the manual tranny (at least that's what the lockpick folks told me when I asked them if it worked). Something to do w/ the "reverse signal" being different on the manual vs auto.
I installed mine in Jan 2012. It's CHR550 model if that helps any.

Quick Reply: Mygig 430N - Nav/video/backup camera in motion - Manual Trans?