Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

myGIG

Old 11-09-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down myGIG

Sunday morning I jumped in the JK and started the engine. I noticed immediately that the myGIG was dead. No sound and blank screen. Made several trips during the day ... no radio. This morning I drove to work .. still dead.

Before this my radio station presets reset to the factory default twice but other than that everything worked fine. The only thing I did to the unit was install the factory mic. The mic works but I never use it. I pulled the radio fuse but it wasn;t blown.

Has anyone else had this problem (seached but did find this exact problem)? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Did you see this thread?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/my-gig-died-107176/

If it doesn't come back to life, I'd pull the bezel and just reset the connections in the back of the unit. I did have it come loose once on mine after installing the lockpick, had to pull the harness and plug it right back in.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pulled fuses M10 & M12. That didn't do the trick. Next I disconnected the battery cables. Waited a few minutes and reconnected. That worked. Well, it kind of worked.

I turned the key and the radio turned on. Of course, the JK wouldn't start. I had to jump it with my other car. The battery worked fine before the disconnect/reconnect.

I love this Jeep (especially with doors and roof off). But what a POS it is !!!!

Only 6,000 miles

Quick Reply: myGIG