Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My Sirius subscription expired after three months!?!

Old 07-18-2011, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid 500 for a lifetime subscription in 2006, been enjoying it since.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think both XM and Sirius has the worst customer service ever! I have a GMC acadia that has XM. After the trial period was over they offered me a lifetime subscription, great they also sent me plug in unit for my other car(JK). I renewed online had an issue so I decided to call them, they saw no record of my order so I order it again on the phone. I get the mobile unit in the mail. Too many wires I say to myself so I get a new stereo system with satellite! Great!! Turns out the new stereo is for Sirius not XM and there accounts can't be merged plus they charged me twice!!! Tried getting this fixed over the phone was hell! Ugh!!!!! The worst... I have more to say I am just getting pissed rehashing this and I am on the train!!! Horrible.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danny4652
Dont make any attempts to renew it. They will then call you and offer you a special rate. They offered me a 12 month subscription with a free 6 months. 75.00 per year.
Thats exactly what I did. And just an fyi, Direct TV does the same thing.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bmorejeep08
Thats exactly what I did. And just an fyi, Direct TV does the same thing.
If you can go a month without sirius, they'll most likely send you an offer for 5 months for $4 a month. or at least thats what they did with our passat, we're on our second offer of the kind.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Bought my JKU on a Saturday, the following Friday my wife and went out for dinner and were listening to Sirius on the way to the resturant, we eat, get back in Jeep to head home, no Sirius. I called Sirius as soon as we got home and they got it back up. My plan had been to let it go as long as possible before giving them all of my info. Sure thought it would have been more than a week!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

did you guys get a sirius package in the mail?

I just received mine yesterday (took delivery in May) and it confirms my trial subscription is for 1yr and also has all my acct details such as ESN, username, password. I was able to create an online profile and can now listen to sirius via my internet browser and ipod/iphone using the same trial subscription

In regards to the service, it does seem to cut out around buildings downtown and consistently at the same places around my house. If I can get a subscription for a good price after the trial I would be down.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by axelaR
did you guys get a sirius package in the mail?

I just received mine yesterday (took delivery in May) and it confirms my trial subscription is for 1yr and also has all my acct details such as ESN, username, password. I was able to create an online profile and can now listen to sirius via my internet browser and ipod/iphone using the same trial subscription

In regards to the service, it does seem to cut out around buildings downtown and consistently at the same places around my house. If I can get a subscription for a good price after the trial I would be down.
So what apparently happened with me is that I was running the three month trial that is given to the dealer (so Sirius works when you try out a vehicle). Mine was never converted to the one year subscription after my purchase.

My salesman got that fixed for Sirius Radio. But my Sirius Travel link has expired. I'm not sure if I was supposed to get one year for it or not. I actually really liked Travel Link, mainly for weather and gas prices.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Sirius worked for exactly one year then shut off at the end of the month. That was in March, haven't heard a thing from them and haven't ever received anything in the mail. I want the SAT radio back but I don't want to call and make it look like I want it that bad... Hope they call or write soon!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slinky
If you can go a month without sirius, they'll most likely send you an offer for 5 months for $4 a month. or at least thats what they did with our passat, we're on our second offer of the kind.
Thats exactly right. One month ago I received a half off offer, $75 for 12 months. I ignored that and yesterday I received a letter for $4.99 a month for five months. The offer was $25.00 for five months. Not sure what the other seven months would be but thats when I cancel. For the past month I have been listening to all the cd's I stored on the mygig hard drive. Still havent heard all of them.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

I negotiated with them and purchased the lifetime subscription for $420.

Quick Reply: My Sirius subscription expired after three months!?!