Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My Sirius subscription expired after three months!?!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Sirius subscription expired after three months!?!

My Sirius subscription has expired, saying my "three month trial" was over. However, it clearly states on the sticker a one year subscription. I've been to the dealer twice, and when I contact Sirius, they say talk to the dealer.

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with either of them. I have the 430n (RHB).

Anyone else having this issue? Any advice?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Call sirius up and explain to them that you in fact have one year free, and the subscription that just expired was the dealer trial (this is why the radio works when you test drive the cars). When I bought my jeep I called to make sure I had one year since the radio was activated prior to me test driving. The guy said that it was the dealer trial, and he would make a note in my subscription file that one year starts from the date the dealer trial ends.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually, I had better luck talking directly to my salesman. He got on the phone and got it fixed, sort of. I have my subscription to Sirius Radio back. Unfortunately it didn't turn on travel link. Guess I'll give them a call.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

I have had my for 3 years and I need to renew later this month. Does anybody know if a discount code for me to renew instead of paying the amount that is due which us 170.00 a year
Old 07-17-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had mine on for free for 3 years... Until they replaced my mygig. that was nice.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right now they are doing 3 months free. We never paid for a subscription and only got 1 month free when we bought it.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aajakt
I have had my for 3 years and I need to renew later this month. Does anybody know if a discount code for me to renew instead of paying the amount that is due which us 170.00 a year
Dont make any attempts to renew it. They will then call you and offer you a special rate. They offered me a 12 month subscription with a free 6 months. 75.00 per year.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I lied like a dog. Told them I got an offer in the mail for one year at 1/2 off, they asked me for the code, told them I did not have it...no problem. 1 year all the same channels, $70 something, plus a $10 customer satisfaction credit that I used for Internet radio. Did not want to wait for the deal. Word of warning though, once they have your phone #, these bastards will call twice a day until you do sign up.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They will hound you....phone, email and mailings. It doesn't stop!!!

Yeah don't pay full price. They will keep offering you deals....trust me they NEED your business.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Danny4652

Dont make any attempts to renew it. They will then call you and offer you a special rate. They offered me a 12 month subscription with a free 6 months. 75.00 per year.
Same here, but then if you haggle them a little more you can get it for 60! Haha

Quick Reply: My Sirius subscription expired after three months!?!