Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My new LED Foot Lights

Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided it was time to finish what I started, and install my LED foot lights.

Last summer I had installed the switch in the A-pillar, fused and wired to a relay. All that was missing was the actual lights.

At the time, I didn't know what kind of lights I was going to go with. After reading many, many reviews, forum posts and hours of other research, life seemed to get in the way. So this weekend, while running up and down the aisles of my pitiful neighborhood auto parts store, I grabbed the first set LED strips I could find. They turned out to be Pilot Flexi-Lite 12" red LEDs.

On Sunday afternoon I fashioned up a wiring harness to power the 4 12" strips I had just bought. I like to solder all my wiring connections, but that meant outside soldering using an electric extension cord. And Mother Nature had other ideas so I had better be quick.

After much swearing, I finally had everything soldered, heat-shrunk, and tucked into place.

My friend commented the other day that he didn't like the shine from my steel-look mats, but I love the way the inside door handle lights up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2041526272.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	452681
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2196643857.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	452682

Last edited by CBrNoMore; 04-29-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: My new LED Foot Lights