Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My new audio setup

Old 06-09-2014, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new audio setup

New member here. Aloha from Hawaii. I spent a LOT of time researching audio options as I run a 2007 JKU with no doors and usually no top. Sonic nightmare? Not necessarily!

My setup:

Alpine CD 148BT single DIN
JL XD 700/5 in stock amp location (IT FITS)
JL C2-650 fronts
JL C2-525X sound bar
JL 10WV3 in JL box with Bestop fabric cargo cover
JL amp kit

It sounds great and will definitely suffice for those looking for proper sound with no doors or soft top.

I'll post pics of amp installation soon. If you have any questions let em rip. Thx for all the knowledge and ideas on the forum.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

FYI my original factory set up was Infinity with subwoofer. I ripped out the amp from stock location, removed sub and enclosure from rear deck. I originally tried a Kicker 8" in stock location plus kicker 300w (questionable if this even put out that much constant power) mono amp. That sounded pretty awful. I then tried removing sub and placing it in Sound Ordnance 8" enclosure. Still sounded timid. I then purchased the JL sub and box which sounded muddy with the Kicker mono amp and underpowered.

Do things right the first time!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alohajeep14
Do things right the first time!
AMEN! It really is cheaper than doing it twice or more times.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Collyn--you got that right. It's a sizable investment all things considered, BUT if you are unsatisfied with the crappy stock system then you gotta make the change.

If anyone on here is looking for a replacement factory sub enclosure mine is fully intact. Might make a nice piece for a Bad Car Audio museum in the future 😆

Quick Reply: My new audio setup