Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My JK quit reading Texts when I got iphone!

Old 12-02-2013, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
nope. Doesn't work and honestly, I never seem to receive any updates for mygig. :(
The last update cd they sent me fried my 430N. I make the dealership update mine when it gets service.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other phone makers use IMAP protocol for messaging and that is what UConnect supports. Apple does not use IMAP natively. It's not going to work/
Old 02-10-2014, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you're almost correct. Only it's MAP (Message Access Profile) not IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol)
Apple supports MAP but only for incoming message and does not for out going messages. They want you to use SIRI to dictate a message like you would if you were typing it. However SIRI can get a full sentence correct much less a full message.
Now for incoming messages most other phones support an out folder and so does Uconnect. Apple does not support the "out" folder and expects other to conform to them and how they support things. The problem here is that if Uconnect changed to conform to Apple, there would now be an issue with all the other phones that currently work correctly with Uconnect.

Originally Posted by Smopho
Other phone makers use IMAP protocol for messaging and that is what UConnect supports. Apple does not use IMAP natively. It's not going to work/

Last edited by xsdbs; 02-11-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Quick Reply: My JK quit reading Texts when I got iphone!