Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My JK quit reading Texts when I got iphone!

Old 11-10-2013, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Iphone process texts different than other phones and the text features of Uconnect are incompatible due it not supporting bluetooth Message access profile (MAP).

If you go to the driveuconnect website it's listed as such as well as in the uconnect literature from Jeep.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mud puddle fizzle sticks! Jesus Christ! The dude just wants help to get HIS Jeep and HIS phone to work. You know, the things HE bought, with HIS money? Yeah, that sort of thing. I thought this was a place for resource. Wipe your faces, the poo is crusting up around your lips.

As for me, I could never get it to work. I'm of no help. Then again, when in type in a restaurant, it shows the nearest chick fil a 1800 miles away, when I live 2 miles from one. Cheers!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've just come to accept that my iPhone just doesn't work with many bluetooth devices aside from handsfree.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
As a software engineer that works on Windows daily, an iPhone and Android phone owner, I hope you like your next phone as much. Windows phone will die much in way that Palm and Blackberry have died. Slowly in some cases, faster in others. There will be a small fraction of users that won't give up their phone, but when they find out that less and less of the apps you want are available on your platform, they switch.

The largest Blackberry users are Canadians. Why? Because RIM is a Canadian country. No other reason.
Actually its the fastest growing platform. the other 2 are sort of maxed out on growth. plus their os's are stale in comparison...ios is so boring and unchanged since its inception, android is so fragmented that its never going to be polished and smooth like the others. windows phone has a great user interface, its super smooth, its not a resource hog therefore battery life is amazing, and the hardware is killer. Blackberry is dead for one reason, their previous owner and CEO Jim balsime decided to take his eyes off the prize and pursue the phoenix coyotes and try to bring them to waterloo and be a hero. He failed in that attempt and in trying this, he let blackberry go down the shitter with him....The whole time he was at the whole hockey thing, NOTHING changed at bb, it was the same ole, same ole. No evolution, new technology, nothing. By the time the shareholders figured this out it was too late. the nail was in the coffin. Jim did in blackberry. Windows Phone will not have this issue as the Microsoft team is not intrested in hockey teams, or the such. Just producing great products that work.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

I've just come to accept that my iPhone just doesn't work with many bluetooth devices aside from handsfree.
Why accept that? Should get a windows phone and enjoy full connectivity, not what apple wants you to connect to.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
Actually its the fastest growing platform. the other 2 are sort of maxed out on growth. plus their os's are stale in comparison...ios is so boring and unchanged since its inception, android is so fragmented that its never going to be polished and smooth like the others. windows phone has a great user interface, its super smooth, its not a resource hog therefore battery life is amazing, and the hardware is killer. Blackberry is dead for one reason, their previous owner and CEO Jim balsime decided to take his eyes off the prize and pursue the phoenix coyotes and try to bring them to waterloo and be a hero. He failed in that attempt and in trying this, he let blackberry go down the shitter with him....The whole time he was at the whole hockey thing, NOTHING changed at bb, it was the same ole, same ole. No evolution, new technology, nothing. By the time the shareholders figured this out it was too late. the nail was in the coffin. Jim did in blackberry. Windows Phone will not have this issue as the Microsoft team is not intrested in hockey teams, or the such. Just producing great products that work.
OK. I'll give you that they have had a lot of growth. But when you start with a zero market share, growth isn't that hard. Sustainability is more important and iOS, for good or bad, has a very loyal fan base. I'm a programmer and I like to hack at my devices. It's harder to do that with iOS. Why? Because Apple wants your device to work and they don't want to take phone calls from noobs that F-up their devices. My phone just works, and it works great. Well, right up until I installed iOS7 on my iPhone 4. Now it just works, but it's a bit slow. meh.

The Windows 8 Phone, regardless of how great you may perceive it to be, is a day late and a dollar short. They will not be able to grab the fan base that android and iOS have, even if they spend a second billion dollars on advertising.

I've hijacked this thread enough and will now step down from my soap box.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
Why accept that? Should get a windows phone and enjoy full connectivity, not what apple wants you to connect to.
OK. I lied. One last time.

Here's the deal. Apple wants your device to be as secure as possible and as stable as possible. It's why they have and never will allow Adobe Flash on the iOS. They require bluetooth connecting devices to obey a certain standard. It's why I can't use a blue tooth OBDII connector and have it talk to my iPad running Dash Command. I have to use WiFi.

I want my phone to work as intended and like it that, as hard as i might try outside of jailbreaking it, I can't ruin it. I can't say I've seen the same from android.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Junkie

OK. I'll give you that they have had a lot of growth. But when you start with a zero market share, growth isn't that hard. Sustainability is more important and iOS, for good or bad, has a very loyal fan base. I'm a programmer and I like to hack at my devices. It's harder to do that with iOS. Why? Because Apple wants your device to work and they don't want to take phone calls from noobs that F-up their devices. My phone just works, and it works great. Well, right up until I installed iOS7 on my iPhone 4. Now it just works, but it's a bit slow. meh.

The Windows 8 Phone, regardless of how great you may perceive it to be, is a day late and a dollar short. They will not be able to grab the fan base that android and iOS have, even if they spend a second billion dollars on advertising.

I've hijacked this thread enough and will now step down from my soap box.
Just remember, Apple had zero market share when it was just starting out and blackberry was the be all end all. Guess what, the mighty always fall. Remember that!.....Like apple has been in a shit slide for the past couple of seasons now since Steve passed. NOTHING NEW has been developed. Ipad mini? meh, been out for ages on other platforms. there is no pushing the envelope at apple any more. Its sit back rest on our laurels and just see what happens. guess what, their stock is showing what that does. dropping all the time. Just like another well known phone maker hey? Jim sat back and relaxed and his company is on life support. If apple don't get their shit together, they will not be 2nd in market share anymore....maybe not even third. I don't think they will die, as there are to many fanboys out there for that. But in my neck of the woods, there are more and more people jumping off the fruit wagon as there is nothing new or exciting. I left when the 4s was announced as it was exactly the same as the 4, as well as the ipad 2, retnia and air. its all the same just called a different thing so the fanboys can line up at the local apple store in a sleeping bag and be "the first"...ha ha.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody have a galaxy s4? I saw an awesome demo today and was wondering if anyone can comment on how it connects to the jeeps head unit?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBEII
Anybody have a galaxy s4? I saw an awesome demo today and was wondering if anyone can comment on how it connects to the jeeps head unit?
I have s3 gf has s4. I do have hers syncd to my jeep but only play music through it but I do know it will sync

Quick Reply: My JK quit reading Texts when I got iphone!