Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My JK quit reading Texts when I got iphone!

Old 11-09-2013, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm reading this correctly- some people were able to get the txt message feature to work with previous iOS versions? I've never been successful with that... Curious to hear how anyone made that happen. Would be pretty sweet to be able to use the voice txt/Siri features when I'm in my rig.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Siri works with my Bluetooth headset, but she misinterprets what I say anyway. I have her turned off, so I've never tried that in the Jeep. Only thing I use it for in the jeep is is an occasional phone call or streaming music, but I loaded my music on the drive anyway.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry if this is a little off topic but which radio does the text reading? I have Bluetooth but was not aware that the jeep could do anything with text.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it looks like its an android thing and not an iOS thing.. my previous phone was an android and this feature worked.. I have the 130N with satellite radio and the connectivity package.. im going to play around a little more with it on iOS but looks like apple doesnt like giving up access to the SMS features via bluetooth very easily and / or changes the protocols! often so 3rd party devices have a tough time...

-Christopher
Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by williard86
Bluetooth is a luxury. Cellphones are a luxury. Just like hot water and central a/c are luxuries.
Driving is a luxury. Trying walking every where for a year.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by williard86
Bluetooth is a luxury. Cellphones are a luxury. Just like hot water and central a/c are luxuries.
Corn is indigenous to the Americas. Amino acids and chlorophyll are exclusive to only terrestrial life as far as we know. Posting inane comments on the internet from the comfort of one's home is a luxury. Off-topic declarative statements - fun stuff.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My samsung ativ works amazing with my uconnect!...go microsoft!
Old 11-10-2013, 03:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
Is that a windows phone?
Old 11-10-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes,

I have used everything, android, iphones blackberry etc. I like the operating system on the windows phone the best. Plus, I prefer windows operating systems vs. OSX (been there, done that), and windows phone sync's with everything in my windows computers, tablets etc. It works great. I have no complaints. Also, browsing works much better on the windows phone compared to any others!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
As a software engineer that works on Windows daily, an iPhone and Android phone owner, I hope you like your next phone as much. Windows phone will die much in way that Palm and Blackberry have died. Slowly in some cases, faster in others. There will be a small fraction of users that won't give up their phone, but when they find out that less and less of the apps you want are available on your platform, they switch.

The largest Blackberry users are Canadians. Why? Because RIM is a Canadian country. No other reason.

Quick Reply: My JK quit reading Texts when I got iphone!