Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MY Gig Help!!!!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paypal's website on opening a dispute in our Resolution Center.

There are 2 kinds of disputes:
  • Item Not Received – You bought something but didn’t receive it. (Wait at least 3 days from the transaction date to give your seller enough time to ship the item.)
  • Significantly Not as Described – You received an item but it was significantly different from the seller’s original description. (You might have to pay return shipping costs.)
Here's how to open a dispute:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Resolution Center at the top of the page.
  3. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  4. Select Item Dispute, then click Continue.
  5. Click Find transaction ID.
  6. Click the Transaction ID next to the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.

Note:
  • You have 45 days from the transaction date to open a dispute.
  • If you and the seller can’t resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.
  • If you don’t escalate a dispute to a claim within 20 days, we automatically close it. Once a dispute is closed, you can’t reopen it or escalate it to a claim.
To learn more about the dispute process, go to the Resolution Center and click the How to Dispute a Transaction tutorial.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Open a PayPal dispute, then go to oemautopartsco and get the right unit. I ordered from them with 110% satisfaction. Great transaction. Just a note, ordering direct from their website saves money.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
Open a PayPal dispute, then go to oemautopartsco and get the right unit. I ordered from them with 110% satisfaction. Great transaction. Just a note, ordering direct from their website saves money.
Yeah they were one of the first that started selling used Mygigs and put a 160 GB hard drive in them, even though not worth it , price, unit can't recognize that much, and Hard Drive usually only have a stated 5 year live....But OEM are very OverPriced....Pricing a used unit very close to the new unit cost is just Crazy.... what is pissing me off , is how all these US sellers, of used parts, charge 1 percent lower then the cost of new...and all they do is list it...
no repaies eyc....I hit up two sellers today ,telling them that HVAC unit for a Dodge ram, was priced onsale for $159, reg price $179...well, copy ..cut...pasted (like i always do eveyday to these people) I sent them copies of several Mopar parts places and the reg Price is, $75...damn!!!!
I ask them all what was the Meaning of Recycle and why and how it would attrach buyers cause of low cost....I can't understand how a recycle compay that sells used and puts no work into item and then charge close to new price...it should be a max of half the cost of a new....why would you buy old no warranty etc ...when 5 dollars more you gwt a year warrabty...lol

Last edited by AtlJeepsTer; 02-14-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for all the help. Here is an update on how things are going. I opened a case with eBay and tried talking with the seller. He wouldn't give me a refund or exchange. After pestering him he escalated the case to eBay. They sided with me and sent me a UPS shipping slip to return the MyGig to the seller. The seller apparently agreed to the return. He was supposed to refund the money into my Paypal account today. eBay said that it it was not in my account then I was to escalate even further to eBay customer support. Needless to say I had to escalate it again. I hope the eBay has my back on this one. I have shipped back all of my leverage at this point. At the very least I could have sold it on eBay to try to break even. Oh well, we will see what happens now. By the way guys, if you open a case with eBay then it will not let you open one with PayPal. I guess because they are linked now they see it as redundant but it was worth a try.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Squeak
Hey guys, thanks for all the help. Here is an update on how things are going. I opened a case with eBay and tried talking with the seller. He wouldn't give me a refund or exchange. After pestering him he escalated the case to eBay. They sided with me and sent me a UPS shipping slip to return the MyGig to the seller. The seller apparently agreed to the return. He was supposed to refund the money into my Paypal account today. eBay said that it it was not in my account then I was to escalate even further to eBay customer support. Needless to say I had to escalate it again. I hope the eBay has my back on this one. I have shipped back all of my leverage at this point. At the very least I could have sold it on eBay to try to break even. Oh well, we will see what happens now. By the way guys, if you open a case with eBay then it will not let you open one with PayPal. I guess because they are linked now they see it as redundant but it was worth a try.
Yeah when it comes to that kind of money, Hell 5 bucks to me, I push all that I can...it doesn't hurt you and nothing they can do about it, i just act dumb and say ohhhhh, i just read it fast ...lol..I do it all the time...lol...
All it took was one time for paypal not to respond fast enough and I repeated as many steps til i got what answer or attention i wanted.....

I'm glad you did this....This will be the only way, if people jst don't take this crap from crooks and do something about it.......I wrote a few bad letters to Amazon over the weekend....I knew of a person on there selling and ripping people off....well he got a bad feedback, which is for the product only, ebay doesn't do that...it's seller feedback....anyway, so what he did was started another post for sale and closed the one that had the neg feedback. so i posted this truth on the new post and as always, amazon sent back saying sorry, rewrite, i write back and say that's ok, i have proof amazon isn't checking into this and i usually get results....lol....
Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Did you find/buy another system? If any interest when/if you start looking and decide u get a RER or RHR, I have a RER with less then 4000 miles on the jeep and half that the unit was packed and stored...just hit me up if ever want to talk about ....And i will have a concrete safe dealing with ya....I can even get my Attorney on my payroll to handle it....Plus I own a business Downtown Atlanta and things like what that guy did, can risk my Liquor licenses and gotta have them to pay my downtown Rent....lol
Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I found another system but thanks for the offer.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Yea, I found another system but thanks for the offer.
Good Deal....got it in yet?...lol...I'm working on mine some today and the Auto climate....Got 3 sets of speakers here today i hope...putting the Ass shakers into seats...they are cool...feel your bass...i used the puck size ones...lol

Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer

Good Deal....got it in yet?...lol...I'm working on mine some today and the Auto climate....Got 3 sets of speakers here today i hope...putting the Ass shakers into seats...they are cool...feel your bass...i used the puck size ones...lol
What brand are those?

Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mattk11
What brand are those?

Thanks
I think Dayton is the only one that makes this size....

http://www.daytonaudio.com/media/res...spec-sheet.pdf

Quick Reply: MY Gig Help!!!!