Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MY Gig Help!!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY Gig Help!!!!

So I was hoping to get some advice. I have a 2012 JK that i recently bought a High speed RHR My GIG radio off ebay that said it was working. The install was easy but I quickly noticed a problem right away. It would start to load and a Dodge screen would appear but nothing else would happen. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions. I am not sure if it just needs flashed by the dealer or if it was actually a low speed RHR unit. The only other alternative is that must be broken. I would greatly appreciate any insight into my problem.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try disconnecting your negative battery cable for a few minutes. Then reconnect the cable and try again.

Its OK if it shows a Dodge splash screen, the Jeep one will replace it automatically.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

I will try that but i dont know if that will help because it does not boot up at all. Just show that screen and shuts off
Old 02-09-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The JK's computer is VERY finicky! You would be surprised what a simple "reboot" will fix
Old 02-09-2013, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Sill no luck, The lights for the switches turned on but then they stopped lighting up when i tried to turn it on. Still just tries to boot up but with no luck. Thanks for the advice though
Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

What's the part number on the unit?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OH9JK
The JK's computer is VERY finicky! You would be surprised what a simple "reboot" will fix
The MyGig does the changing of the Logo, not the Vehicle it is in. The mygig gets a Vin Signal and if not the same next Boot up, it will change. This is proven by by a unit being installed in one too many models of vehicles.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Squeak
Sill no luck, The lights for the switches turned on but then they stopped lighting up when i tried to turn it on. Still just tries to boot up but with no luck. Thanks for the advice though
This behavior has turned out to be from installing The Wrong Can Bus speed unit in 90 percent of this fix......
Old 02-10-2013, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Part number 68092001AC, Man. T00BE199156428

I am pretty sure that it is low speed and I just got screwed. The part Number and the part number that the guy posted on Ebay are completely different. Unbelievable!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Squeak
Part number 68092001AC, Man. T00BE199156428

I am pretty sure that it is low speed and I just got screwed. The part Number and the part number that the guy posted on Ebay are completely different. Unbelievable!!!
Here is the Company that deals with the MyGigs, with that p/n as a Low speed...If you don't mind, can I ask who on eBay...I deal with or see alot of sellers that sell Jeep or related parts etc that i email and ask questions about when i know they are wrong and i act the dumb part and catch them in a bold face lie or other and I report and push it til they are Banned or at least harassed to no end...LOL...

Here's the OEM sellers:

Dodge Chrysler Jeep DVD CD Sirius 730N Mygig Low Speed RHR GPS Navigation Radio | eBay

DODGE CHRYSLER JEEP DVD CD SIRIUS 730N MYGIG LOW SPEED RHR GPS NAVIGATION RADIO

PLUG & PLAY! -WE OFFER PROGRAMMING & EXTRAS! -WARRANTY!

Seller information

www-oemautopartsco-com

100% Positive feedback

Item specifics

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: attrLabels"] Condition:[/TD]
[TD] Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully ... Read moreabout the condition
[/TD]
[TD="class: attrLabels"] Model:[/TD]
[TD] Factory, OEM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: attrLabels"] Manufacturer Part Number:[/TD]
[TD] 5064821A*, 68092001A*[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Item condition:
Used

Quantity: