Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My Gig confirmation

Old 01-12-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Gig confirmation

Hey guys.. I have seen soo many posts about my gigs, I am sure your looking at this thinking..

DO THE SEARCH lol

I did, I want to verify that this will work with my Wrangler

05064739ac

I have seen the same part number ending in AD on a search result here.. What is the difference?

A quick google search shows this is from Liberty (AC) Minivans (AC) Nitro (AC) Ram 1500 (AC) Wrangler (AC) its coming up on Ebay and Google searchs as a high bus unit so I know that part is okay for the wrangler as confirmed above as well..

What I would like to be sure of is the ipod capabilities. It is coming up as an 09 model ( seller said it came from an 09 but you can never be too sure) and I read here that 09 and up have ipod capabilities, but again I want to be sure..

"bigbluejk" replied on this thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=05064739ac

"get 5064739AD RER if you want the 09 with ipod support you will need the gps antenna (05064350aa) and the ipod cable. the ipod cable goes in the back. "

I just want to ensure that my AC ending part number will still work and I cant find details..

Any help?

Last edited by drpdndshvd; 01-12-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: more info found
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, the model 05064739ac will work just fine. You can pretty much ignore the last two letters at the end of the part number. Technically a AD model would be newer than an AC model, but it really doesn't make a difference. The important part is the 05064739 number.

That model is a RER Nav unit from a 2009 high speed bus vehicle, and will plug right into your wrangler. You should be able to add iPod control and/or Uconnect to it with just adding the appropriate Mopar Harnesses.

Quick Reply: My Gig confirmation