Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

More M/R LEDs on the way

Old 01-18-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like they produce less lumens than the Rigid duelly's and are the same price. Rigid is 1300 and the M&R are 1125 lumens with the Rigis being smaller. I too would like to see them compared in the field!!! I am curious as to why you went with the M&R?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you get these?? Really for the small ones it doesnt really make sense.
- less light ouput
- more current draw
- no selection (flood, spot, hybrid),
- twice the size
- less life span (30k hrs vs 50k hrs)
- no certifications
- less mounting options
- no weather proof connections
- made in china instead of US
- cheaper materials (Rigid are all aluminum and M & R have plastic end caps)
- lack of certified and tested optics
- Biggest thing, they are actually slightly more expensive than Rigid

I definatly understand your purchase of the larger LED bars, due to the big price difference. (I am tempted to get the 50" one myself). But for the small one it really doesnt make any sense.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 01-18-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Posting these to give yahll and idea where im mounting these. On top of my wild boar/aries bumper right between my trucklites. Wiring them tomorrow. I checked them on my battery before mounting and am still seeing spots..lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2120419345.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	266699   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3268206317.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	266701  
Old 01-18-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Why would you get these?? Really for the small ones it doesnt really make sense.
- less light ouput
- more current draw
- no selection (flood, spot, hybrid),
- twice the size
- less life span (30k hrs vs 50k hrs)
- no certifications
- less mounting options
- no weather proof connections
- made in china instead of US
- cheaper materials (Rigid are all aluminum and M & R have plastic end caps)
- lack of certified and tested optics
- Biggest thing, they are actually slightly more expensive than Rigid

I definatly understand your purchase of the larger LED bars, due to the big price difference. (I am tempted to get the 50" one myself). But for the small one it really doesnt make any sense.
I went with these guys for a few reason. The size being one of the reason actually.Duellys are great lights but they look like an oversize LED flashlight especially when you mount them along with a big ole LED light bar. These just LOOK like they go along with the rest of the lights on my rig. I might actually get some duellys one day but they would look better as reverse lights or on a roof rack and my ideas for placement ( bumper/windshield) played a big part in going with these. As far as light output , without a light measuring instrument I can't tell the diffrence between 1300 lumen and 1125 lumen. I use a more common sense scale such as A. Pretty bright and B. real f-cking bright.

I also have had a good experience with these guys purchasing the light bar prior to these. They worked with me on the already low price on the light bars and as a returning customer they gave me a great deal on these too. The buying experience goes along way with me. I got a great deal on my front/rear bumper so I got my side armor from the same people even tho it was ten bucks cheaper elsewhere. Tires and rims same thing.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 PM
JK Newbie

Looks Great

Quick Reply: More M/R LEDs on the way