Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mopar Remote Start Part Number Needed 2010 JKU

Old 09-01-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Remote Start Part Number Needed 2010 JKU

There are so many remote start part numbers out there I must admit I am confused. What happened was I bought my 2010 JKU with a dealer installed remote start. I was under the impression it was to be all Mopar components as I did not want an extra keyfob. Somehow, they hooked up an aftermarket unit to perform the remote start function by pressing the lock button on the factory keyfob twice. Here's the catch! It's all messed up. It will only turn off after the 12 minutes (or whatever the time is) is up. Brake without key doesn't turn it off, key in and on start position then off doesn't turn it off. Basically, the remote start totally useless (keeping in mind my travel time to the commuter train station is under 5 minutes).

The bottom line-
I want to be able to tell the dealer to install part number ABC123 (whatever it is) and throw the aftermarket unit in the garbage.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered and installed 82211437ADZ into my 2010 wrangler. i got it from wyckoff parts.

that kit came with everything I needed t oset it up just like factory, including 2 new keys that have the remote start button on them..

there are some tricks to installing it yourself.. or you can have it dealer installed..

dealers have it rated as a 3.5 hour install in their books so it could be pricey...

the 82211437 is the important part of the part number.. the rest are just versions my guess...

-Christopher
Old 09-02-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the part number. I'll let you know what happens.

Quick Reply: Mopar Remote Start Part Number Needed 2010 JKU