Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mopar navigation unit into my 12 JK?

Old 09-03-2013, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar navigation unit into my 12 JK?

Hi All,

I got my hands on a touchscreen unit from Mopar, but would it fit directly to out 2012 JK with infinity sound system? As to keep bluetooth, steering wheel control etc? It was manufactured in 11, (not sure what vehicle it came out of).
Old 09-03-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

There's a lot of variable there. Which model is it? There should be a 3 letter code on the lower right face of the radio. Also the part number off of it would be needed as well to determine if it's the correct bus speed for a JK. also, what radio do you have now, and do you already have Bluetooth, etc. with it?
Old 09-03-2013, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
There's a lot of variable there. Which model is it? There should be a 3 letter code on the lower right face of the radio. Also the part number off of it would be needed as well to determine if it's the correct bus speed for a JK. also, what radio do you have now, and do you already have Bluetooth, etc. with it?
Jeff,

I currently have the upgraded radio with infinity sound system bluetooth and usb. I have it out and the top part of the sticker is partially ripped cant see the model number. and the lower front doesn't say it.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djcamis
Jeff,

I currently have the upgraded radio with infinity sound system bluetooth and usb. I have it out and the top part of the sticker is partially ripped cant see the model number. and the lower front doesn't say it.
you MAY have to get the new radio scanned intio service at the dealer.. also the Mygig units have the U-connect built into them.. whereas the RES (130N) radios use and external module.. I am not sure if the microphone is the same on both or not.. the steering wheel controls will work..

as others mentioned the CAN bus speed is important.. certain chrysler vehicles used a Low speed bus, the wrangler and some others use a High speed bus.. the radio needs to match..

-Christopher
Old 09-03-2013, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here are some pics of it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	494749   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	494750  
Old 09-03-2013, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by djcamis
Here are some pics of it
what does the abbreviation say in lower right corner RHB? It looks like your mounting holes are correct. As long as it is a highspeed canbus you should be plug n play as Jeff said
Old 09-03-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdambm
what does the abbreviation say in lower right corner RHB? It looks like your mounting holes are correct. As long as it is a highspeed canbus you should be plug n play as Jeff said
Which side? As Idk why it flipped it the picture when I uploaded it lol
Old 09-03-2013, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

And how do I know if it's a Highspeed canbus?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

As you are looking at the front of the radio it's the 3 digits in the lower right corner below the audio jack. ie RHR, RHB, RER ect
Old 09-04-2013, 03:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, I see the 3 letter code right there beside the aux jack, but the picture is too blurry to make it out. Based on the lack of a Nav button, it's not an RER or RHR. If it has Nav it would be an RHB, if not it would be an RBZ or REN. as long as the bus speed is correct (can't really tell without the part number), it would be plug an play and work with all your current stuff. Only way to find out might be to just plug it in and see.

Quick Reply: Mopar navigation unit into my 12 JK?