Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Moisture in New Fog Lights??

Old 11-26-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moisture in New Fog Lights??

I just bought and installed the new 7" procomp driving lights today. After a few minutes I noticed that there is moisture inside the light housing. It's sealed as far as I can tell, but both bulbs are almost full of moisture. Anyone had this issue? If so how do I correct it? Should I ask for new lights?
Old 11-26-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Same problem...

I had the same problem in my factory fogs when I bought my Jeep new. I took it to the dealer and they replaced them. (They were on backorder so I had to wait a few days). I noticed the other day my second set has moisture in it also. It always goes away so I'm probably not gonna take it back again.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

As long as the moisture is in the housing and not the actual bulb, that's normal. No matter what you do there is always going to be moisture in the air inside the housing, and it will condense on the lense in low temps. When you turn the lights on it will evaporate very quickly from the warmth created by the lamp.

Quick Reply: Moisture in New Fog Lights??