Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

mic location for mygig

Old 02-16-2008, 03:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgtweet
thanks for the pic... HUGE help as I am visual. That is where I will put it.
Mine is placed so it's darn near invisible if you're not looking for it, the passengers can be heard on calls, the driver can be heard well, even with the heat or a/c up to 3 (4 i believe is the max and that does require you to raise your voice, but not really yell). The only problem I've encountered (and maybe with mygig it won't be an issue) is that sometimes when I say my girlfriend's name to dial her number, "dial Aimee". It responds with dial 83. But that's the only problem and I've really enjoyed having the hands free calling AND the fact that every button on my head unit works.

Oh and as a side note one reason I placed it where I did is it's the only place I could figure out where the wire wouldn't be visible. For some reason the little wire showing bugged me. lol

I was also considering drilling out a small hole in the piece we pop out to get started on the stereo removal and installing it right on top in the center, but ended up opting for something that required less work and wouldn't be visible to most.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
The only problem I've encountered (and maybe with mygig it won't be an issue) is that sometimes when I say my girlfriend's name to dial her number, "dial Aimee". It responds with dial 83. But that's the only problem and I've really enjoyed having the hands free calling AND the fact that every button on my head unit works.
You could always name her something else. A buddy was having a similar issue with another type of hands free deal in his truck. He just put his GF's number under an easier understandable work. It really did seem to help. Once i figure out what I am going to do with my lemon law stuff on my JK I am getting the blacklisted product. I can wait for ALL my button to work
Old 02-16-2008, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default mygig

I'm late to this conversation, but I recently purchased an '08 Unlimited Sahara with the mygig nav system, however when I attempted to pair my cell phone and import music from my Apple iPod, nothing seemed to work. Based on your thread regarding the mic, it sounds like you are using after market kits to pair your phone and use hands free for your cell phone? If so, I am interested in obtaining the kit asap. Thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeRif
I'm late to this conversation, but I recently purchased an '08 Unlimited Sahara with the mygig nav system, however when I attempted to pair my cell phone and import music from my Apple iPod, nothing seemed to work. Based on your thread regarding the mic, it sounds like you are using after market kits to pair your phone and use hands free for your cell phone? If so, I am interested in obtaining the kit asap. Thanks
This is off topic - your iPod music is most likely protected music which cannot be copied.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
You could always name her something else. A buddy was having a similar issue with another type of hands free deal in his truck. He just put his GF's number under an easier understandable work. It really did seem to help. Once i figure out what I am going to do with my lemon law stuff on my JK I am getting the blacklisted product. I can wait for ALL my button to work
I've thought about this, but saying, "Dial T!ts McGee" sounds silly.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
The only problem I've encountered (and maybe with mygig it won't be an issue) is that sometimes when I say my girlfriend's name to dial her number, "dial Aimee". It responds with dial 83. But that's the only problem........
wouldn't you say "call aimee" instead of dial? that's how the uconnect worked in my grand cherokee. if i wanted to call a number not in my phonebook i would say "dial....1-412-XXX-XXXX" and if it was in my phone book i would say, "call rebecca" etc.

then you wouldn't have the aimee/83 issue.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default Mic Placement

I would not place the mic on the lower panel. That is were I placed mine the first time and I had to lean over to be heard clearly. I moved it up the the downside of the top panel cover over the mygig and it works great. The black mic blends in with the panle and you can hardly see it! Good luck!
Old 02-16-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Here is mine:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mic.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	6268  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Here is my location. Seems to work well and it is totally out of the way!

Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

I tried all of the dash locations but found none that provided comfortable driving position and acceptable audio. My microphone is now mounted to the roll bar just above my head (well I guess it is just forward of my left ear). Adio is great and so is my posture!

Quick Reply: mic location for mygig