Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Metra XSVI-6522 harness

Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the pioneers are different you dont ground the vss wire. on the z2 it is used to help with nav in areas with tall buildings or any place the gps sig is weak.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RonFDNY77
i have the 6522 installed with my kenwood dnx7100 works great, evry accurate with the speed, the vss wire from the nav unit get grounded to disable saftey feat. i think there is a second wire for speed on the unit but i dont really know my friend installed but i do know that if u have any ? u can call metra or crutchfield
Really? Are you sure you're getting the speed from the vss wire? I have always been told the 6522 did not provide the vss wire, which is why they make the CHTO-03.

We could really use someone to take pics.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Really? Are you sure you're getting the speed from the vss wire? I have always been told the 6522 did not provide the vss wire, which is why they make the CHTO-03.

We could really use someone to take pics.

I'm getting a speed reading from my avic d3 too, but I don't think it's coming from the VSS. I think it's just using the same technology as portable GPS's use.

Quick Reply: Metra XSVI-6522 harness