Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

mbrp light bar wiring issue

Old 09-28-2010, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mbrp light bar wiring issue

Ok... i installed an MBRP lightbar last year and ran out of money before i could purchase my lights.... i just purchased the hella 500 blackmagic set and i'm wondering if there is at least a semi practical way of feeding the wires through the lightbar without actually disassembling the lightbar again. i've tried multiple times to do so and i've just about given up. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks guys(and gals!)
Old 09-28-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacktie
Ok... i installed an MBRP lightbar last year and ran out of money before i could purchase my lights.... i just purchased the hella 500 blackmagic set and i'm wondering if there is at least a semi practical way of feeding the wires through the lightbar without actually disassembling the lightbar again. i've tried multiple times to do so and i've just about given up. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks guys(and gals!)
Do you have a shop vac. Try to seal all holes except the two that you will be working with ( wire in / wire out ). Shove string in one hole. Place vacume over other hole. VUALA
Magic string.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

You are a genious if this works! pure genious!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Make sure you post pictures when you are done, I bought the same light bar but haven't decided on what lights to get yet.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

i'll see what i can do... my undestructable shock proof, freeze proof, waterproof olympus camera broke! but maybe cell phone!?

P.S. if you haven't assembled the light bar yet.... DON'T! it is MUCH easier to add lights before you attach the light bar to the front of you jeep.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

my light bar is one solid piece. i visited their shop and they took it off their 2 door i think it was and sold it to me. it was an early prototype; that's why it is one fully welded piece.

anyhow, i am going to be wiring mine soon and am thinking of the best way to do it as well.

btw, these are the lights i bought. quality seems good and a great price.
hxxp://www.ioffer.com/offer_transactions/show/12726809
Old 09-28-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hbomb
my light bar is one solid piece. i visited their shop and they took it off their 2 door i think it was and sold it to me. it was an early prototype; that's why it is one fully welded piece.

anyhow, i am going to be wiring mine soon and am thinking of the best way to do it as well.

btw, these are the lights i bought. quality seems good and a great price.
hxxp://www.ioffer.com/offer_transactions/show/12726809
Maybe more work. But this should make it more customizable. Just drill your entrance and exit holes where you want them. One solid piece means that you should be able to develop a good vacume.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Great suggestion...I've used the string trick many times.

Lets see some pictures once you guys have the lights installed.

Steve Nairn

Quick Reply: mbrp light bar wiring issue