Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Maybe a stupid question

Old 09-15-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Maybe a stupid question

It is it safe to leave sidemarkers unplugged? I removed the sidemarkers after a fender chop and wandered if it was safe to leave the connectors still there without being connected till I find a sidemarkers fix!?? Maybe just electrical tape the end connections was what I was going to do. Is this okay? Someone help please. I don't want to damage anything by leaving them unplugged.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

uncle sam taught me that the only stupid question is the one you dont ask . ive left mine unplugged ever since last year when i chopped my fenders , i put dielectric grease in them to help seal out water and bundled them up out of the way , my only concern is corrosion which can migrate far up wiring , just keep a check on them or even put some kinda cap on and youll be fine
Old 09-15-2012, 02:27 PM
JK Freak

Thanks. I'll get the grease tomorrow and electrical tape the ends to cover them good.. Job finished..

Quick Reply: Maybe a stupid question