Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

To many Accessories...can't start Jeep...what do I do?

Old 02-04-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dead battery, the stock one goes out just like your describing Get a yellow or red top to replace it. When the stock one died on mine it showed 13.3VDC on meter would not even make it click. With strange dash lights.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I took it into a third shop and they tested the battery with a load tester and they are saying that the battery is failing. They are going to charge it over night and test it again in the morning just to make sure. I am going to get a fuss box wired in for all of my accessories just to clean up the wires that are looking pretty ragged and then if need be I'll add a new yellow top battery to give me more of a boost. I think this will solve the problems for now. Thanks for the input, I'll keep you posted as to what happens.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smallzphoto
Maybe a crank start should be your next mod

hahaha....in all seriousness I have one of those "port-a-jump" batteries on my center console for just such an occasion. they are like 20 bucks and help if the batt is dead and noone is around for a jump start.

also.... maybe running 2 batteries is a good idea since you have soo many accesories?
Hey now that's funny!!! I like that idea, next time car won't start I'll just crank it over!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=smallzphoto;2077682]Maybe a crank start should be your next mod

Why I love just browsing this site
Old 02-04-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ever see one of those break a guys arm? It happens but before youtube so no video.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update - The battery is fine. Was recharged and checked out multiple times. The problem was in my faulty wiring job. I'm good at doing 'mods' to my Jeep, but I guess I'm not an electrician. Some of the ground wires had melted loose. I'm having a shop wire things correctly. It should solve the problem. I'll probably still add a yellow top battery in soon to boost it up a bit.

Quick Reply: To many Accessories...can't start Jeep...what do I do?