Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Making the horn "beep" stop when locking

Old 09-21-2007, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making the horn "beep" stop when locking

[QUOTE=Sgt P;181287]With the Jeep locked already, hold down the lock button for about 5 seconds, then hold down the panic button with the lock button for a second, then release them both simultaneously.

Thanks to Sgt P. This is how to turn off the beep when locking with key fob. I'll try tonight and see if it works.

Coincidentally, I stopped by the dealer service dept. today (before finding this post) and asked if it could be turned off. Two guys at the service desk. First guy starts t say something and second guy cuts him off and says "It is hardwired into the program and can't be turned off, just like the fasten seatbelt ding". Don't they teach these guys these things, or is it like a cheat code that you have to find out on your own?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default word

they dont care...

they only know enough to do their jobs...

I used to cell cell phone

people would come in, tell me about all the things they can do.. after a while I stopped caring because it didn't help me sell...

its what your pasionate about... and here... we love jeeps...

i bet most people on this forum know more than the guys selling them...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=gold knight;183210]
Originally Posted by Sgt P
With the Jeep locked already, hold down the lock button for about 5 seconds, then hold down the panic button with the lock button for a second, then release them both simultaneously.

Thanks to Sgt P. This is how to turn off the beep when locking with key fob. I'll try tonight and see if it works.

Coincidentally, I stopped by the dealer service dept. today (before finding this post) and asked if it could be turned off. Two guys at the service desk. First guy starts t say something and second guy cuts him off and says "It is hardwired into the program and can't be turned off, just like the fasten seatbelt ding". Don't they teach these guys these things, or is it like a cheat code that you have to find out on your own?
Thank you very much for sharing the information. That beep always bothered me especially when parking near someones house at night. Now if I can only find out how to stop the seat belt chims, I will be in heaven.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did it! Works great No more beep.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

[quote=jkjeep;183668]
Originally Posted by gold knight

Thank you very much for sharing the information. That beep always bothered me especially when parking near someones house at night. Now if I can only find out how to stop the seat belt chims, I will be in heaven.
Check your owners manual and this site. They list all of them and how to do them:
jeepfan.com/tech/jk-powerlocks.php

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 11-01-2008 at 05:08 AM. Reason: removed hyperlink
Old 09-22-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

thanks for the post, I am going outside to try it right now.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

AMAZING, I was doubtful but am a believer now. Worked the first time.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by byucoug
AMAZING, I was doubtful but am a believer now. Worked the first time.
Yea, me 2. I had some problem with the unlocking all doors with the fob, but finally got it.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Red face jeep dealers

Funny you say that about jeep dealers. The guy I bought my jeep from owned the dealership. Strictly A jeep dealership. Hes been doing it for 25 years. Took him 15 minutes to figure out how to open the hood, before, i asked what he was looking for, and simply popped the hood latches. His face turned a couple shades of red!! He was inside the drivers door, searching everywhere.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedRockJKRubi
Funny you say that about jeep dealers. The guy I bought my jeep from owned the dealership. Strictly A jeep dealership. Hes been doing it for 25 years. Took him 15 minutes to figure out how to open the hood, before, i asked what he was looking for, and simply popped the hood latches. His face turned a couple shades of red!! He was inside the drivers door, searching everywhere.

That's funny. My dealer had no idea how to put the soft top down, he started taking the door frame apart after 45 mins. I told him to forget about it and I would figure it out later.

John

Quick Reply: Making the horn "beep" stop when locking