Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Low tire pressure light,

Old 11-06-2013, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low tire pressure light,

Just changed my tires and my low pressure light keeps coming bk on since my rims prob dont have chips in them, is there a way to remove that light?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jaydy
Just changed my tires and my low pressure light keeps coming bk on since my rims prob dont have chips in them, is there a way to remove that light?
You can take it to autozone and have it removed. Or go to discount tire and have them install the pressure sensors. They did mine for free

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 PM
JK Junkie

The lowest common denominator at AutoZone is not going to remove sensors from your wheels or add them. Furthermore, they don't have the scanner to turn that safety feature off. There's not a quick bulb you can pull either to turn out the light.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4
Old 11-06-2013, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have a pro-cal you can set the pressure threshold to zero or live with the TPMS light.
You're sure the TPMS sensors are removed?
Old 11-06-2013, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

maybe you need to relearn the sensors
Old 11-07-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls
The lowest common denominator at AutoZone is not going to remove sensors from your wheels or add them. Furthermore, they don't have the scanner to turn that safety feature off. There's not a quick bulb you can pull either to turn out the light. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4
Actually they will use their programmer to take off the PSI light on your dash.

I know because they do it to mine. I run 37s at a lower psi and the light goes on every now and then. Take it to auto zone and they reprogram the jeeps computer to have the light go off...

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Low tire pressure light,