Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Looking to rewire rubicon lockers to spod

Old 12-06-2015, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
I don't use an sPod, rather have my own fuse block w/relays that I wired myself. BUT, the below diagrams may help you. Plug 1 (the small plug) is the locker. Plug 2 (larger) is the actuator/indicator.

I don't like the computer controlled locker stuff so I bypassed it completely. One thing missing is that I also wired in a safety switch so that I can't inadvertently activate the lockers, just a small round rocker switch that has to be turned on in order for the OTRATTW switches to get power. So, the small rocker switch feeds 12V positive to spades 2 and 6.

The way I have these wired, the large LED window comes on when I activate the switch, then the small horizontal LED comes on when the lockers actually engage.

Attachment 631706Attachment 631707
Thank you. I also installed a safety switch to prevent my lockers from getting actuated when I don't want them. Primarily I would be worried about hitting a bump when reaching for another switch (like for lights) and fat-fingering my front locker on. I wired my safety switch so the lower light on my rocker switches only shows when the switch has the ability to hot, then the large square windows when the switch is on. I will most likely install a third LED above or below each switch on the sPod to light up when the locker is engaged. Or perhaps I'll redo my sPod harness again so the large square window will feed off the locker sensor. That would be the cleaner look...

How does that position sensor work? The light should come on when the locker is fully engaged, correct? Is there any blinking or other indication besides not lighting up? If so, how is that controlled?

Last edited by Wildschwein; 12-06-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking to rewire rubicon lockers to spod