Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Looking for Hella 500's?

Old 03-17-2010, 03:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhorse
is there a difference?
Yes. I have a set of the China lights (thank you, 4WheelParts) and they have a different heft to them; I haven't done a side-by-side for beam though.
I ran them for a year and a half and they always worked ---- I have no complaints except I feel a little burned that Hella does the old China slide on some of its products.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

A buddy of mine just gave me a set that he used to have on his cherokee. It says they were made in Mexico... Something I should be concerned about?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spryan81
A buddy of mine just gave me a set that he used to have on his cherokee. It says they were made in Mexico... Something I should be concerned about?
Trade ya my China lights for 'em....
Old 03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Made in Taiwan

I am pretty sure 500FF's say Made in Taiwan on the back of them. I got them from Waldo World a few months ago.

BTW, If you are going to mount them on the pillar's like I did. I would HIGHLY recommend getting the grill guards for them. They reduce the halo glare around the outer edge.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Quadratec Hella 500 Black Magic = Taiwan

I got mine from Quadratec, and the abs plastic housings are deformed and don't line up with the glass lamp. There's uneven gaps where it should be sealed and the edges have been filed/sanded to hide the deformities. But they do look really good when the covers are on... take the covers off, and it looks like they were assembled by a retarded monkey.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bazetthound
I got mine from Quadratec, and the abs plastic housings are deformed and don't line up with the glass lamp. There's uneven gaps where it should be sealed and the edges have been filed/sanded to hide the deformities. But they do look really good when the covers are on... take the covers off, and it looks like they were assembled by a retarded monkey.
I guess you found a Chinese pair.

Quick Reply: Looking for Hella 500's?