Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LoJack Disappoints

Old 11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrAvELAr
That sucks.... I'd get your dealer to eat the cost.

Anyway, I feared for the worse when I read the subject of this. I thought maybe it was stolen and LoJack couldn't find it.
There are locations in the US where this is will occur. LoJack relies upon cell towers and other broadcast points to send out the activation signal to your vehicle's locator. Large portions of VT for example, do not support the ability to send out this notification. If you aren't within range of one of their antennas, your system won't start sending out the beacon. If a vehicle with LoJack is stolen in MA, it' wouldn't be that hard to head north and be out of range of their service. Sure, they are expanding their footprint all the time, but for now, there are holes in their service area.

-Ted
Old 11-13-2007, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted_Grevers
There are locations in the US where this is will occur. LoJack relies upon cell towers and other broadcast points to send out the activation signal to your vehicle's locator.
Interesting. Good to know.

Quick Reply: LoJack Disappoints