Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LoJack Disappoints

Old 11-12-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoJack Disappoints

I purchased the LoJack Early Warning System from my dealer with my new '07 Wrangler, installed April '07, $800. Started getting nuisance alarms in July, and long story short is it had a fob go bad. No biggie, until I learned that the fob was only warranted for 90 days, I was no longer in warranty, and needed a $80 replacement. Completely unsatisfactory warranty in my opinion, and I let LoJack know that via letter. There was no abuse, the fob wasn't exposed to any harsh conditions.

Nearly 3 months have passed since I submitted my letter of complaint to LoJack requesting a refund due to their rediculously short warranty period. No response, so I'm left no option but share my experience with all who will read.

The reason I purchased the LoJack originally was brand recognition. Now, that's the reason I'll seriously consider alternatives in the future.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

90 days is horrible, especially for a $800 system.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by seal20
90 days is horrible, especially for a $800 system.
+1 Terrible.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's miserable. This is the first vehicle I've owned without lojack. One of my fobs actually spent half a winter in a snow bank, after I dropped my keys in the snow and ran over it with a snowblower... Found it in my front yard a month later after the thaw. Thing still worked.

Maybe mail them a real letter? See if that gets anywhere. Or, call them up?

Heck, I'm almost positive their headquaters are here in massachusetts (walpole I think) Just off I-95. If you're nearby, drive over and show them first hand. Also, maybe try and fight with the installer and tell them you feel cheated.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. I wish warranty information was more readily available when you buy something. Make it a point to read warranty information for things you buy. Some warranties are very draconian in their treatment of customers.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Run2Ga
I purchased the LoJack Early Warning System from my dealer with my new '07 Wrangler, installed April '07, $800. Started getting nuisance alarms in July, and long story short is it had a fob go bad. No biggie, until I learned that the fob was only warranted for 90 days, I was no longer in warranty, and needed a $80 replacement. Completely unsatisfactory warranty in my opinion, and I let LoJack know that via letter. There was no abuse, the fob wasn't exposed to any harsh conditions.

Nearly 3 months have passed since I submitted my letter of complaint to LoJack requesting a refund due to their rediculously short warranty period. No response, so I'm left no option but share my experience with all who will read.

The reason I purchased the LoJack originally was brand recognition. Now, that's the reason I'll seriously consider alternatives in the future.
Geeze, that is silly that they won't replace a simple key fob after 90 days. I would expect better from a company with Lo-Jack's reputation. Give em' hell! :angry:
Old 11-12-2007, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

With the Sentry system you do not need lojack anyway. I do not think that there has been 1 documented instance of someone stealing a JK without a key or a tow truck dragging it off.

Hell if they want it that bad let them have it. Sucks that they are giving you the run around.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Omega Man
With the Sentry system you do not need lojack anyway. I do not think that there has been 1 documented instance of someone stealing a JK without a key or a tow truck dragging it off.

Hell if they want it that bad let them have it. Sucks that they are giving you the run around.
The sentry key isn't fool proof... but one of the nice things about lojack is the track feature and insurance discounts...

Now i wouldn't want a stolen vehicle back... but i sure would like to jail the a-holes who stole it....
Old 11-13-2007, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

That sucks.... I'd get your dealer to eat the cost.

Anyway, I feared for the worse when I read the subject of this. I thought maybe it was stolen and LoJack couldn't find it.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Default cars

was it on the jeep when you bought it? then it should have the 3 yr 36k?

I would bitch and moan until I got it fixed.

Personally, I would not have bothered.

If someone steals my car, I don't want it back, Just pay off the loan / cash me.

have you seen what theives do to cars? they destory / strip / burn / crash / mutilate them! I don't want it back! just cut me a check.

Quick Reply: LoJack Disappoints